Chapter 29

A few hours later, it was late evening when Shivaay woke up after a profound slumber. As consciousness gradually oozed into his mind, he delighted in the warmth that enveloped him courtesy of the plush quilt. Eager to share a warm hug with his wife, Annika, he stretched out his arms with expectation only to be met by the chilly emptiness of the now deserted bed.

Rubbing his eyes, he meticulously fetched his pair of frameless glasses from the nightstand, allowing his vision to sharpen and reveal the details of the dimly lit room.

His blue-green eyes darted around, searching for any trace of Annika and her comforting presence, but were greeted only by the noiseless murmurs of silence. The actuality that she was not by his side sparked a sparkle of curiosity within him. Determined to locate her whereabouts, Shivaay mustered his strength and rose from the bed, slipping his legs into a pair of comfortable black pants that differed perfectly against his boxers.

The honeymoon suite, the encase of their blissful memories, was a world within itself. It showed off a luxurious yet pleasing ambience with spaciousness that spoke promises of utmost calmness.

Eager to find comfort and relief in Annika's presence, he allowed his footsteps to guide him toward the balcony where the cool evening breeze brushed against his bare chest and evoked a shiver down his spine.

To his pleasant surprise, the scene that unfolded before his eyes was something straight out of a fairytale. Bathed in the soft glow of the setting sun, Annika stood there radiant as ever, adorned in her splendid outfit. A resplendent lavender bodycon dress lovingly accentuated her every curve, perfectly paired with her treasured and costly stiletto heels that promoted her grace to new lengths. Her luscious locks had been neatly styled into a low bun, with a few fizzy strands playfully annoying her temples, touched by the gentle wind. She exuded an aura of sheer beauty and effortless charm that affected him, short of breath.

As Shivaay shifted his gaze from her figure, he noticed the bunch of blood-red roses that she held in her delicate hands. The scent of freshly arranged roses combined with lavender essence scented the air, combining with the crispness of the evening breeze. A realization dawned upon him at that very moment—Annika was preparing for their first anniversary.

In contrast to Annika's detailed attire, Shivaay resisted a sudden wave of self-consciousness. He glanced down, his bare chest paired only in a simple jogger that had served as his comfort. His hair unruly and untamed fringed his handsome face in a wild and carefree manner, and his glasses added to this.

Gathering his hereditary strength, Shivaay took a moment to appreciate Annika's persistent devotion. He admired the lengths she went to to create this adorable atmosphere for their special day. The warmth that flowed between them was laced with threads of affection—it was everything to him.

No longer blurred by self-doubt, Shivaay took a determined step forward, making his presence known to Annika. His footsteps echoed with reason. As he closed the distance between them, his heart swelled with gratitude for the blessing of an extraordinary woman who had chosen him to be her lifelong partner.

He faked a cough."You woke up already! You weren't supposed to be this early," Annika rambled. "Why did you wake up this early? You were supposed to wake up by eight tonight!"

Annika rocked the blood-red roses that she was holding and looked at Shivaay with wide eyes. Watching her making weird and funny expressions, Shivaay couldn't hold his laughter and burst out crackling at the end. He asked with some hesitancy after his small session of laughter. "Was I supposed to be in some dress? You have worn this 'never worn before' dress. I look odd!" 

Annika smiled at him. "Shivaay, you look perfect-- tip-top. Anyways how are the arrangements? For our first wedding anniversary?"

"Wonderful! I never thought I would see this one day in my life. Thank you so much." With a gentle smile, Shivaay wrapped his arms around Annika's waist and kissed her temple as he whispered, "My lady, with your humble actions, you are spoiling me. I have set my expectations high right now."