Chapter 26

Two weeks later the calendar turned its pages to mark the arrival of Ganesh Chaturthi a festival that held a special place in Shivaay's heart. As the days drew closer his excitement grew and he eagerly anticipated bringing home Bapa the beloved elephant-headed deity. The festive vibes filled the air and preparations were set in motion.

In the midst of their hectic schedules Annika and Shivaay found themselves in a delicate balancing act juggling work from their home and making visits to his parents' residence for the joyous celebrations. The previous festivals of Raksha Bandhan and Krishna Janmashtami had only been a glimpse into the dynamic festivities that awaited them.

However it was Janmashtami that took Annika by surprise. Being their first festive celebration as a married couple the load of responsibilities on her shoulders was immense. Pinky her mother-in-law instructed her on the intricacies of the rituals and Annika took it to heart determined to make the occasion memorable. With an unwavering dedication she painstakingly prepared fifty-six varieties of dishes with each one crafted to perfection.

Every corner of the house was adorned with fragrant flowers colorful rangoli designs and sacred idols transforming it into a vibrant haven.

The main attraction was the miniature cradle upon which little Lord Kanha sat adorned with peacock feathers and clutching his melodious flute. As Annika and Shivaay gently moved the cradle their eyes met sharing a moment of unspoken understanding.

Amidst the joyful atmosphere Pinky couldn't resist vocalizing her heartfelt desire for a blue-eyed grandson.

"Dono pray karo ke agle saal thak ek potha mere god mein rahe." Pinky laughed seeing their flushed faces. "Grandson would complete our family. Hain na Shakti ji?"

[Trans-Both of you pray that by the next year this time have a grandson in my lap.]

[Trans- Isn't it Shakti ji?]

Her words echoed through the room causing Annika and Shivaay's cheeks to flush with a mixture of shyness and anticipation.

"Ha ha. Potha ya pothi, dono thik hain pariwar pura hone ke liye." Shakti agreed.

[Trans- Grandson or granddaughter, both are this family.]

"What would you say bacchon?" Pinky asked excitedly.

[Trans- Children.]

"Mummy ji!" Annika grasped blushing hard. "Mummy ji apke bete ko biwi ko time Dena nahi aata. Moreover he doesn't have that responsibility yet!"

[Trans- Mummy ji your son doesn't know how to give some time to his wife.]

"And you think you have that?" Shivaay discreetly whispered into her ears and looked around avoiding gazes. That was when he caught his parents looking at him keenly. Shivaay rubbed his nape in embarrassment. "We don't have immediate plans for a baby."

Their glances met once again carrying a silent agreement that spoke volumes about their shared dreams and aspirations.

"Koi baat nahi." Pinky laughed nudging her husband, who instead shrugged and laughed. "By the time you both have a baby my son would learn things and be more responsible. Isn't it beta?"

[Trans- no worries.]

"Maa!" Shivaay whined.

__🖤__

And then just like a gust of wind the days whisked past leading them to the eve of Ganesh Chaturthi. Shivaay's anticipation reached its pinnacle as he prepared to bring Bapa home.

The entire city was engulfed in an air of festivity with streets adorned with colorful decorations and the sweet fragrance of incense wafting through the air.