Chapter 24

Even after a long and tiring day at work, Shivaay with weariness etched on his face trudged through the bustling city streets yearning for the solace of his humble abode, his home. The weight of exhaustion was a heavy burden on his shoulders but his determination to spend quality time with his beloved wife, Annika propelled him forward.

As the late afternoon sun began its descent towards the horizon casting a warm golden hue on the path ahead, Shivaay quickened his pace. He longed to reach his home before the clock struck five eager to surprise Annika with a spontaneous movie night. With every stride, his anticipation grew, a flicker of excitement igniting within his weary bones.

Finally Shivaay arrived at the familiar doorstep, his heart pounding with a mixture of fatigue and exhilaration. He fumbled for his keys in his coat pocket, a testament to the fatigue that threatened to consume him- which he refused to give up.

The door creaked open, revealing a warmly lit hallway that provided respite from the chaos of the outside world.

Inside the house, exuded a sense of calmness and serenity, a harmonious refuge that welcomed him home. The gentle aroma of freshly brewed coffee- his to go option- wafted through the air an enchanting symphony of comfort that tingled his senses. Shivaay kicked off his worn-out shoes, placing them on the shoe rack that sat adjutant to the door, sighing in relief as his tired feet sank into the plush depths of the cold tiled floor.

To his surprise, Annika adorned in her college attire- white wide legged denim paired with a black crop top- emerged from the living room, a look of incredulity etched on her lovely features. Her eyes widened with amazement as she took in the sight of Shivaay, her husband who was supposed to come by late evening, standing before her.

Clearly his early arrival had caught her by surprise and sent a cascade of curiosity rippling through her thoughts.

Bewildered Annika's voice trembled with curiosity as she queried "Shivaay how did you manage to return home so soon? I thought you would be caught up with work until late evening."

A gentle smile escaped Shivaay's lips his eyes gleaming with affection. He reached out and gently caressed Annika's cheek savoring the softness of her skin beneath his fingertips. "Socha ke kuch time biwi ke sath spend kar lo. Nahi toh biwi gussa ho jati hein."

[Trans- I thought that it is nice spending time with wife. Or else the wife wouldn't be happy.]

"Sach boliye na." Annika whined, slapping lightly on his biceps.

[Trans- Speak truth.]

"Sacchi yaar. Aap ne kaha tha ke Aaj aap college ke baad free ho, so I wanted to stay with you." He whispered his voice laced with tenderness. "Aur socha ke mein apne biwi ko dinner ke liye, apna cooking skills deka du."

[Trans- Truth ya. You had told me that you are mostly free after college, so I wanted to stay with you.]

[Trans- And thought it would be rather nice to showcase my cooking skills to my wife.]

The mention of dinner preferences prompted a flicker of excitement to dance in Annika’s eyes.

Shivaay gestured towards their bedroom urging Annika to freshen up and don light clothes. "My lady, don't worry about preparing dinner or calling maa and telling your happenings. Or worst complaint about me to her. Aap bus apne pati ka khayal rakhiye."

[Trans- You just have to take care of your husband's wellbeing.]

Annika's lips curved into a smile mirroring Shivaay's excitement and anticipation.

"Aur kaise khayal rakhna hein?" Annika raised her brows asking, perhaps more of teasing him.

[Trans- And how should I take care of him and his wellbeing.]