Chapter 07

Many weeks later,

The Moot Court committee is the path that steers a lawyer to have speaking and legal skills. I happen to be enthusiastic and eager to get into the same, as one of my seniors familiarized the fresh batch regarding it. Knowing that being a part of a moot court committee, I desire to learn to make memorials and present the arguments to the judge as oral submissions. It would also be beneficial in overall development with exceptional argumentation skills. I believe as time pass, I would appreciate the importance of arguments in a legal sense. If chosen, I would be getting a platform to convey the research work in a contoured procedure. Cite cases along with linking to the doctrines of law. With this, the capability to analyse the fact and identify the cases would improve. And lastly, my presence would also reinforce my confidence and increases my proficiency to answer the problems raised by the judges.

Annika sighed and levelled down her pen. Today, was the last date for giving the purpose of the statement and had screenings for the selection. It was her newest experience and she was scared. Her previous degree was only based on assignments, thesis or practicals but the law course was something she enjoyed to the fullest extent.

Regular classes had made her a little confidence in what she was into. Her studies were quite impressive however her personal life was a downing tangle.

Her mother-in-law suddenly found malevolence with her, though she didn't show it certainly, she knew. Pinky stayed back in hopes of getting her son on the right track, which she believed was slightly successful.

There were many reasons for Pinky to be disheartened by her daughter-in-law. One among them was that she was attending college and not looking after household matters. Always during the wedding talks it was told that Annika was working and would support her son in running the house. Forthwith she felt cheated, not because she was studying but because now her son should pay her college expenses for the next arriving years. From the very beginning, she was against this marriage, naming Annika as the woman who crossed the lines of a well-mannered lady. However, the incident that happened weeks ago fueled her anger and frustration. Taking things on her hands, she decided to stay back, while leaving her mentally unstable elder son in hands of her husband to make sure the marriage least works out.

Annika shut her eyes and squeezed, trying to relax and enjoy the early morning hours. Double tapping on the mobile screen, to have a look at the time, she stood up and drew the curtains open. Listening to the light snores, she turned her heels to glance at the sleeping form. That was Shivaay.

Not disturbing his sleep she walked out to prepare for the day.

__🖤__

"Beta did you use garlic and Onions?" Pinky asked whilst picking up the casserole dish and setting it up on the floor --in the middle of the flat. "I don't appreciate using them on a day-to-day life basis. Our family don't eat them, they are like rakshas to our prays to God."

Annika slightly nodded. "Ji aunty Ji."

Shivaay who heard this unusual and meaningless conversation rolled his eyes and stepped towards them. Disappointed with his mother's behaviour, he adjusted his pants and sat on the floor with legs crossing each other.

"Today is Amavasya. I would be expecting you to come home early and clean the pooja room. Later at muhuraat, I will do the aarthi." Pinky mandated, serving her son a scoop of poha.

[Trans- Mew mood day.]

[Trans- Auspicious time.]

[Trans- In Hinduism, aarti is a ceremony in which lights are lit and offered up to gods.]