Chapter 09

"Kya yaar Shivaay! Do you know any dish other than bread and butter?" Annika groaned watching Shivaay use the butter knife to flatten the butter on the surface of the bread.

Shivaay jacked his head and gave a sheepish smile before responding to her previous question. "Well, I did learn this and very few basic foods. You see I was in boarding school from a very small age."

Annika gave a painful smile while trying to believe how it felt being alone away from her parents.

"I miss aunty Ji. She was making delicious and luscious food." Annika concluded. "Now I wish to have this cast removed and prepare a heavy brunch."

"Maa has to take care of Shubh bhai."

Annika nodded. "Her paranthas are the best. It's actually finger-licking sexiest food I have eaten. I wish to recreate that magic again."

Shivaay snorted remembering her attempt to prepare authentic Punjabi food. And how it failed miserably. "Ohh, please!"

Forthwith many days later, Annika and Shivaay decided to let go of the past and start being friends and that could lead to their desired destination. They were trying to adapt to each other's company, compromising their interest at points. All this while, Shivaay was struggling to mark his presence in the court and being disappointed with this he decided to join a firm instead of making his way. He had always believed that boot-licking wouldn't fetch for supplementary years, so he wish to sweet bleed and raise to the ladder. Now thanks to the situation he was in the same manner he detested; talking to a senior in sugary words and actions. Lastly, he was unquestionably scared that his seniors, who are popular and hold higher authority in the work field would dominate him and make him do something he isn't interested in.

On the other hand, Annika was quite good at her place. College was treating her well. Her lectures were sometimes clashing with her principles nonetheless she had learned to overcome the line between humanity and being a legal student. After the unexpected meeting in the hospital, she went ahead and apologised for her absurd behaviour of hers. Out of all her friends, Siri was the tough nut to crack down however with Annika's sincere apologies she couldn't keep her anger for the long term. Happy with how things were going, the friend's gang had decided to go grab some burgers after college.

"Chalo bye!" Annika yelled pulling her socks to fit her feet, struggling with her only free hand. "I will be joining my friends to grab some bite."

"Take care." Shivaay smiled brightly waving at her and then went on with his bread and jam. He had only to start at the office by afternoon, so relaxing for hours wouldn't harm.

__🖤__

"Our opponent is definitely aiming for separation and then alimony. Then why not try to dodge it." Shivaay suggested.

As soon as his suggested response was heard, his immediate senior on the work front glared at him and banged at the table.

"Listen up kid!" The senior advocate snarled. "This is no classroom to you teach. This divorce case!"

This was the moment Shivaay was dreading the most. He never wanted to be under someone's clutches however he wasn't royal blood to get something he wanted.

His was a normal blood.

And not from a blue bloodline.

"Well Valentina, let him speak," The firm's CEO, Sharath Mishra piped to the thirty-nine-year-old advocate, who was widespread as the goddess of family litigations. Who herself was a divorcee. "Shivaay what do you want to say?"