Chapter 33

"Where are we going?" Annika asked to see him driving at the not so similar roads of the city.

Shivaay sighed and parked his bike at the roadside, removing his helmet and turning his head back to face her side face. "You are sick." He stated. Realizing the need for medical assistance, he decided to take her to a nearby clinic.

"So?"

"And you are falling sick every alternate week. I can't see it-"

"But I'm fine now. It's natural to fall sick." She argued as she kept her palms on his shoulders and pressed while assuring him. "It's okay, I am fine now."

"But weren't you complaining about the headache along with weird smell?"

"It was in the cafe. I'm fine now, nothing to worry about." Shivaay's concern for Annika's health deepened as her excuses came into picture along with her constant headaches and fever. 

"I'm not listening to you. We are going to the clinic now. No more talks."

Annika sighed and nodded as Shivaay kick started his bike and fixed his helmet before moving. Soon they reached the desired location. Upon arrival, they were greeted by a compassionate receptionist, from whom they took an appointment and waited for the doctor.

When it was their turn, they were called in. The doctor, a passionate young man examined her after listening to them.

"Ms Annika do feel any changes in your vision? I mean, this head aches might be due to power change or might not be." The doctor asked.

"I don't have any problem with my vision."

"Ohh. It might be due to constant screen time and stress on your eyes. Still I would recommend you to get an appointment with an eye specialist. That would be better." After a thorough examination, the doctor suspected that Annika's recurring headaches might be related to her eyesight. To ensure a comprehensive diagnosis, the doctor recommended consulting an eye specialist.

Shivaay acknowledged it. "Yes Annika is a law student and her work mostly revolves around texts both on papers and screens. Yes doc, we will make an appointment with the specialist."  

Although immediate treatment for her headaches required further investigation, the doctor wanted to address Annika's weakened immune system. To boost her immunity, the doctor prescribed a course of vitamins. Additionally, he requested a blood test to identify any underlying conditions that might be contributing to her health issues.

With a sense of urgency, Shivaay without speaking with Annika scheduled the blood test, knowing that the results would provide reasons for her current health status. The doctor informed them that the reports would be available in the next three days and advised them to return for further consultation.

"You are being stupid." Annika muttered shooting her anger glare at her husband, as she rubbed her forearm from where the blood sample was taken.

__🤍__

Annika sat on the edge of the bed, her eyes fixed on Shivaay as he poured the washing liquid meticulously into the slot of the washing machine. Munching on her sneakers, a recent obsession of hers, she began. "Do you think, I was speaking nonsense when we visited potential flats?"

Shivaay stopped his track, and freezed for a moment before he spoke. "No. I believe you were right and I guess I overreacted. I am sorry for always excluding you as a family."