Chapter 16

"Would you both be happy if I agree to marry?"

"Yes!"

"Beta do you want to see her photo? She is pretty and well-educated."

"Papa you aren't hiding anything from them, right? About my college-restricted thing?"

"I have told them all. Now look at her picture."

"Haan haan. She is gorgeous. Just look at her."

"No, I won't. I have troubled you a lot and I believe you have a better selection than me. I trust you. Also, I give up all my heart and life to you both. Thank you for staying with me maa, Papa."

__🖤__

"Shiv? Can I have a moment with you? Alone."

Shivaay flinched hearing the dreadful voice, he had struggled hard to forget that person and memories with him. His hands dropped abruptly and Annika, who was gazing at him with loveable eyes, looked in question.

"How are you, Shiv? I know it's been a while since everything happened." Annika frowned upon hearing the pregnant lady mumble audibly enough for her to hear.

Shivaay shut his eyes and squeezed for a good second before opening them. He sighed and sought his wife absentmindedly, asking her to stay by him. His parents looked furious, especially his father. His father was ready to pounce on that lady and her father bedside her. Wasn't spoiling his son's education good that they penetrated his marital life? After years of dreadful life and again they are ready to enter their son's life.

His mother Pinky stepped towards him and angrily lashed out at Shivaay. "Speak to that witch and warn her not to interfere with our lives. Remember whatever you speak or do should never hurt my bahu. She came trusting us - trusting her husband."

Shivaay blinked in compassion and then nodded. Pinky got hold of her furious husband and walked away leaving little space for them to speak. Shubh too trailed behind his mother, holding her dupatta.

"Maa! Papa!" Shivaay shouted out calling his parents who were becoming diminishing with each step. He continued with his loud tone when they turn towards him. "Bohut galti ke hain meine. Aab nahi karna mujhe. Stay by me."

Pinky and Shakthj internally rejoiced and trimmed their facial expressions not to give out some unknown reason to bash.

"Shivaay?" Annika tugged his shirt sleeves. "I will be buying those jumkas there. Ring me when you are done with this."

Although she had been in this kind of relationship prior she couldn't subside her insecurity and possessiveness was slowly seeping into her system. The fear of him going away from her, deserting her crept and started eating her soul. She hated being alone without anyone besides her.

Now that, Shivaay had made a great impact on her life, she desperately wanted him. Throughout her life ahead.

Between the thick and thin.

Joyous and gloomy.

"That's thankful of you. I will make sure Shiv rings you a call when we are done."

Shivaay clenched his jaws and curled his fingers. "MRS OBEROI!" Annika flinched and clutched her mummy ji's salwar gasping for strength and courage to meet her husband's eyes. "I WILL NOT HESITATE TO SLAP YOU IF YOUR USELESS BRAIN OVERTHINKS. There is nothing between us neither happening in future. You are staying by my side. Got that?"