Sports Festival: Intermission

--- Hi so this chapter is going to be two thing together, specifically the Calvary battle and intermission. The calvary battle will be the shorter part of this chapter, the intermission the chapter is named after will consist of a performance and then the events that normally happen around that time. ---  

Izuku's POV:

          I did something so many people thought was impossible, I a quirkless man have beaten out all my quirked opponents in the obstacle course race. Midnight up on the umpire stage was announcing all the students who successfully passed the obstacle race and moved onto the next event. 

          "Now then let us spin the wheel to determine the next event." Midnight announced and cracked her whip causing the hologram screen to reappear and spin the wheel again. "Now then," Crack, "the next event will be a Calvary Battle" 

          "I wonder how this is going to work," I heard Ochaco say. 

          "At a normal sports Festival the teams are determined by the classes them selves," Izumi pondered aloud. 

          "Somehow I don't think that's how UA will do it," Katsumi surmised. 

          "For this event each Participant will be given a point value, based on their performance in the first event." Midnight said, "once your point value is assigned you will be given some time to form a team of 2-4 individual. Now then the point values starting from last place at 5 points and going up in increments of five till we get to second place then there is first place at 10 million points." 

          I swear at that moment the fighting spirit around me from the other students rivaled a low class demon. I decided to return the favor by asking one single question to Midnight, "Umpire I have a personal request," I called out. 

          "Yes Izuku what would that be?" she asked me. 

          "I would like to go at this event by myself, if the teachers will allow it?" I said. 

          "Of course," Midnight shook her head. "While Nezu what is your decision?" 

          Suddenly the Holo-screen was back this time displaying Nezu's face, "Are you sure about this Izuku?" he asked me I nodded. "Well then know this, we will not give you a second chance should you lose." 

          "I don't think that will be a problem sir," I said. Ten minutes later I was handed a head band which felt like being handed the Sword of Damocles with all the teams staring at me. I was determined to not draw my blade at all during this event.

          "The Calvary Battle will be a 15 minute long event." Midnight announced a timer appearing behind her. "Now let this battle begin!" and she cracked her whip. 

          Almost immediatly I was under attack by an ice spike aimed at my head. I utilized Fake Rainbow and dodged the attack proceeding to run around periodically changing my direction using the same technique. When all was said and done the battle was quite boring for me after many failed attempts on my mirages most stop chasing me and just went for other headbands. Shortly after that the bell rang and I was in first place once again. 

          "To no ones surprise, that know him anyway, Izuku has come out on top of the Calvary battle!" Midnight announced. "The other teams to move forward to the final round include, Team Shinsou, Team Todoroki, Team Katsuki, and Team Jirou. With these last two events finished we will now be taking an intermission/ Lunch Break to allow participating students to regain some stamina. After the Lunch break we have a special new addition this year a performance by a popular online band Forgotten Spirits." With that announced there was massive cheers from the audience. "They will be preforming two songs for us. One of their most popular and one that hasn't been heard by ears since first played by their founding members!"