Sports Festival 1v1 Quarter Finals Pt. 1

Izuku POV: 

          It was a great Eight final in my opinion. Plus several of my students get to move on to the next step of their training. Though my next fight does upset me a bit. Back when we were about four Todoroki, Izumi, and I were very close. It was when his quirk manifested that his father kind of drove a wedge between him being our friend. The wedge was pretty much sealed when his mom gave him that scar. Since that day he just became cold and distant with everyone.

          I looked down at my immensely battered and damaged practice blade. When the sports festival began this was a freshly made practice blade. Now it is ungodly battered and looks ready to fall apart. I have my real blade ready if need be, but for his safety I will use my wooden blade till it breaks.   

          "The Stage is fully repaired and ready for the first round of the Quarter Finals!" Present Mic announced to the crowd. 

          "And the first round of the Quarter Finals will be Izuku Yagi vs. Shoto Todoroki!" Aizawa chimed in. 

          "Now don't worry if you see Izuku switch to his real blade it has been dulled for the sake of his opponent." Mic told the crowd as we walked up to the Arena.

          "Like he can do anything against Todoroki with that glacier attack!" a random hero yelled from the crowd. "He is some Quirkless nobody!"

          "Hardly!" Someone shouted back. "If he was a nobody do you even think he could have made it this far! Yet alone all the other Quirkless people who made it this far not only that but out beat people with amazing quirks!"

          "Yeah!" someone else shouted. 

          "Izuku is going to go all the way!" another shouted.

          "Shut up!" Aizawa shouted. "First off let the fight speak for itself, second you Might Man need to give up being a hero if you think Izuku hasn't got a chance of winning. They both have about the same odds, they have both been training most of there life to be here. It is anyone's match." 

          "Thank you Aizawa," Mic said calmly. "Now Midnight please start the match."

          "No problem Mic" Midnight said. "Take your position you two." 

          "Right," I said moving to the right spot with Todoroki doing the same silently.

          "Ready," Midnight said and we both nodded. "Then let the first match of the Quarter Finals begin!"

          Almost as soon as the words left her mouth I felt the temperature drop around me and the start of a glacier forming in front of me. "Total Concentration, Sun Breathing Eighth Form: Sunflower Thrust." I said taking a deep breath in and as the mounting glacier began to climb to entrap me I thrust my practice blade forward. The blade being stopped briefly by the glacier before the ice gave way. With a thunderous crack the blade went through and the force shattered the ice and sent its fragments flying back to Todoroki.  

          Todoroki's eyes grew slightly and he crossed his arm. While making an Ice wall to help brace him and keep him in place as the ice began to strike him. "Hgh," He grunted as the Ice pelted him. When the ice stopped he stuck his foot forward sending out pillars of ice to knock me out of the arena. 

          "Sun Breathing third Form: Raging Sun" I said slicing through one of the columns and then switching back to slice through a second. There was a creak coming from my blade the damage of striking the ice was beginning to show. Maybe one more attack before the blade was no more.

          "Just let me win Izuku" Todoroki said as he launched another volley of the ice pillars. 

          "Third Form: Raging Sun Populous," I said unleashing multiple attacks. Shattering multiple pillars with each strike, until with a creak my practice blade snapped then splintered as it fell to the now frozen ground. Consequently one of the pillars managed to slice at my left arm tearing part of my sleeve and scrapping my arm slightly. "Okay Todoroki I'll come at you with my real strength." I drew my dark black blade "So I ask that you show yours." I pointed my blade at him tightening my grip changing my blade to bright red.

          He glared at me and sent out waves of ice in multiple directions. I dodged two and sliced through the rest like a hot knife through butter not even needing an explicit technique. "Todoroki!" I said. "You won't last to see my full strength if you don't use the other half of your quirk." 

          "Never I'll never use my old man's quirk after what he did!" He shouted sending forth another Glacier's worth of ice. 

          "Fourth Form: Burning Bones Summer Sun." I said carving through the Glacier with a spiraling slash. "Everyone here has been giving it their all and showing what they can do. Even my students who I asked not to use their quirks gave everything for their fight. All of us have except you. It's not Endeavor's quirk Todoroki, Its yours!" 

          Todoroki's eyes widened, and in an instant the heat around us rose as his left side erupted into flames. "Okay Izuku," He whispered. "I'll show you what I can do." He launched forth some ice pillars and in an instant I realized his plan. He was going to raise the cold air fast and create an insane fire ball, I smiled softly.  

          Cementoss threw up a few walls to try and take the blow, but it was for naught. "Such a marvelous blaze you've conjured but now you need to be taken down a peg." I said calmly. "You don't really know how to control this heat do you?" I took a deep breath, "Sun Breathing Eleventh Form: Fake Rainbow," just as the fire ball would have hit me I disappeared. Showing back up behind him I chopped him on the neck after having sheathed my blade, knocking him out instantly. 

          "The Victor by knock out is Izuku Midoriya!" Midnight announced.

          "I'll carry him to the Infirmary." I said hoisting him up into my arms.

Izumi POV:

          My brother just walked past me carrying a knocked out Todoroki, their battle resulted in a wrecked arena. With haste Cementoss repaired the arena and we were ready for the next match me against Denki. I walked out to the arena with my dulled spear ready for an intense fight.

          "After that thrilling fight we have another insane match up," Present Mic said. "Izumi vs. Kaminari."

          We both made it to the right spots on the Arena, "Are you both ready?" Midnight asked us, I nodded Denki on the other hand just kind of shook. "Then let the battle begin."

          "Sorry for this Izumi," Denki said. "Indiscriminate shock 1.3 million volts!" 

          In a split second I drove my spear into the arena attempting to use it as a lightning rod. I ran away from the spear and watched my plan unfold. The lightning arched directly to the metal tip of my blade and into the cement of the arena grounding it. Finally Denki ran out of time and fell dumb. I had to act fast I rushed and grabbed my spear and rushed to attack Denki before he attacked. "Moon Breathing Third Form: Lunar Lily Thrusts!" I said jabbing Denki five times in the gut with the last strike having enough force to push him out of the arena boundaries.  

          "Izumi wins!" Midnight cheered leading the audience in applause.