Chapter 13

"Oh really? That's good! C'mon in." My mom welcomes us, as she gets inside and heads to a room down the hall.

My mom knows him?! This is bad. Really bad.

"Chloe I-"

"Save it" I cut him off. As I look down, suddenly very interested in the piece of bread an ant is carrying into a hole in the wall.

"Why don't you ever let me speak? I made one mistake, but you never let me apologize." He complains

"Maybe I don't want your apology."

"Why? I don't get why it's so hard to forgive and forget" he asks, as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Well that's your problem. Not mine." I smirk. Enjoying this conversation.

"Guys come in, I'm making cookies!" My mom yells from the kitchen, catching my attention.

I'm literally so hungry and I didn't notice till she said, "cookies"

I walk in, and he follows me, as I admire both my parents creative tastes in homes.

"So how did you meet Jayden" i ask my mother, helping her get the ingredients out.

I can't help but admire the way Jayden sips his juice, not hearing a word my mom said.

"Chloe are you listening?" My mom asks, and I notice that everyone caught me staring.

Even Jayden.

I blush and use the nearest magazine to cover my face, pretending to be very interested in a random models toe nails.

"Y-yes" I finally answer, occasionally stealing glances at Jayden.

Wait what did I just do?

I think I should forgive him though... should I? How can I stay mad at him? He's so cute—

Never mind, pretend I didn't say anything.

"Oh sh*t I forgot to buy flour." My mother complains and picks up her car keys. "Don't burn the house on fire" she says, and leaves the house.

Did my mom just leave me alone with Jayden?

I wanna go home...

Wait a minute—

"The green note!" I shout and run outside to get my car, which I just realized wasn't there.

My dad is literally going to kill me himself if I don't do what he practically paid me to do.

What if it's important? I'll be in huge trouble.

"What green note?" Jayden asks me, looking very worried.

"It's none of your business" I say, and realize that he brought his car along.

"Maybe I could help?" he asks, getting awkwardly closer to my back.

"Maybe I don't need your help?" I reply, acting very stubborn.

He's my only hope. I have to ask him to take me.

I can't wait for my mom because moms always take hours looking for the cheapest stuff. And when she comes back I'm pretty sure she won't come back with just flour,maybe she'll come back with a new shirt too.

So Jayden is my only hope, cause I'm not walking for an hour. Plus I don't know this street well anyway so I'd probably get lost.

Why can't I just ask him to help me!

"Help you with what?"

OH did I say that out-loud?

"Yes."

I swallow my pride and ask, " can you please take me to my dads house?"

"No"

I turn pale. He literally just said "no" to me after I sallowed my pride and said "please" . Oh my word.

Guess I'm walking.

I walk to the table and get my bag. I write a little note to my mom that I walked home.

So he really isn't gonna change his mind?

I look at him, and he's drinking juice again, and I can see him smirk through the glass cup.

Why hasn't he said this is a joke yet? C'mon I'm waiting!!

I get out, and start my hour long walk home.

I literally wanna cry right now.

He still hasn't said this is a joke!!
•••••••••••••••••

I've been walking for about 5 minutes now and I'm dying of heat.

Where is he!

"I'm joking idiot" I finally hear him say, as I turn around to see him sitting in an air conditioned car.

Air conditioner!!

I smile, and run into the car like my life depends on it.

Well it kinda does.

"Don't joke like that with me!" I complain, as he starts the car again and drives us home.
He laughs and I can't help but stare at his bottom lip, as I watch him smile for the first time.

What am I even doing!?

"What green note were you talking about?"

"A green note of things my dad asked me to do." I answer.

"Is there money involved?"

"I haven't read it yet so we'll have to wait and see" I say and smile.

"Next stop, the green note"

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!! Lysm :)))

Please vote and comment

QOTD: Mbàppe or Messi?

Messi all the way:))