Chapter 31

Jaydens POV

I brush my hair and take a moment to stare at myself in the mirror.

My uncle wants to meet me at a Chinese restaurant downtown. He hasn't spoken to me since I was five. So I have no idea why he suddenly wants to talk to me.

And apparently it's important .
I didn't tell anyone I was leaving. They wouldn't care anyway.

And Joes gone camping with his friends. Not that I would tell him even if he was here.

My dads gone out with my mom.

It's just me at home and all my friends are probably hooking up with someone.

I walk down the stairs and take my car keys from the kitchen island.

I hope this "very important meeting" goes well.

Cause I'm not in the mood for drama.
••••••••••••••••

I get out the car and immediately see my uncle through the glass windows. He still looks the same, just a tiny bit older.

I miss him. He used to buy me the best toys. Then one day he just left. Traveled halfway across the world to marry a Japanese lady he met on tinder.

And they're still together. It's a miracle.

I tap him on the shoulder, he turns around and smiles at me. He looks older than he did through the glass window .

"Hi" he greeted, I smiled at him and greeted back.

He gestures towards the seat in front of him and I sit down.

"So, hows your mother?" He asks me.

How weird... why doesn't he ask about my father? He only cares about his brothers wife?

"She's good. My father is good too by the way" I say, and try to read his expression after I add my dad to the sentence.

"Is your mother still beautiful?" He asks, smirking at me.

What did he just say?!

"What do you want?" I ask. Getting mad already.

"Listen. I haven't seen you in such a long time, almost 13 year, but there's this secret that I've been hiding and I can't keep it in me anymore" he tells me, scratching his head then I notice a bald spot in the middle.

"Look I'm not really in the mood for drama so if this is the reason why you called- "

"- here me out first" he interrupts.

"Fine." I agree

"So. When your mother was 16 we went out and..."

"You went out with my mom? What?!" I interrupt.

"It gets worse" he says dramatically, is this a joke to him?

"Oh no.." I complain.

"She got... she got pregnant"

"Wait, you cannot be serious"

He did not just... at this point I give up.

"Well... this is your half sister Rebecca." He says, gesturing to a girl sitting on the other side of the restaurant.

A girl in a white dress who looks like she's in her early twenties smiles at us from the other side of the room. She's been staring at us the whole time but I didn't think she was my sister.

I literally don't know how to process all this.

Rebecca stands up and sits next to my uncle.

I stay silent and look everywhere but her.

"Uh... hi, my name is Rebecca I'm um your-"

"You're a mistake"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::