Chapter 21

Chloes POV

I don't get it. He's probably joking.

There's absolutely no way that he got her pregnant. This guy has years of practice, why would he let this happen? How could he let this happen?!

It doesn't add up.

DING

I pick my phone up to read the message

You received 11 messages from the "Maddison High School gossip" group

Makenzie — Stacy is pregnant!

Jayden— shut the f**k up.

Makenzie— YOU shut up! You stupid cheater :(

Jayden—I'm not a cheater, we weren't even together.

Makenzie— yes we were!

Jayden— just because I know your name doesn't mean I'm dating you Marry ...

Makenzie— my name is Makenzie!

Jayden— whatever, same thing.

Stacy— cant you guys talk in private ?

Makenzie— don't you dare speak Stacy, I thought you were my friend and the next thing I know, you seduce my boyfriends to get you pregnant!

Stacy — no I didn't! He raped me!!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Everyone was talking about it. And by everyone I mean everyone.

It's all anyone could talk about. Students , parents and even teachers.

Jayden kept telling everyone that he didn't rape her and it was all just a misunderstanding but obviously, no one believed him.

Like by no one , I mean no one .

••••••••••••••••••••••••
"I can't believe he got Stacy pregnant and didn't even tell me.." Joe complained for the , 49358th time, as we walk to his car so we can finally go home.

I open the car door to the back seat and sit inside with my legs crossed, I can't wait to see all the drama that's about to unfold when we get back to the harebottles house.

I read a book ,that our literature teacher forced us to read, while I wait for Jayden to enter the car.

We wait for about another minute before Jayden finally gets in the car and bangs the door closed.

This is the first time that he decided to sit in the backseat next to me. He normally sits in the front and pretends like I don't exist.

Joe gets out the parking lot, and begins to drive home.

I can't help but notice Jayden staring at me, but I carry on forcing myself to read, and ignore his awkward stares .

Why isn't this making any sense?

"You do know that you're reading the book upside down right?" He asks me, while raising his eyebrows.