Chapter 33

(A/N HEYY GUYS!! I think this book is about to end soon, maybe chapter 40 or something, so I just wanna say thanks to everyone who voted & supported me! <3 hope you enjoy the chap)

"Let's just say I'm tired of her games"

Those words that Joe said keeps replaying in my head. I can't even think straight.

What does he mean by games?

And why is he tired?

Stacy has always been suspicion and never straight forward, but now I think she could actually have something going on with Joe. Because how come he's the only one who knows about Stacys fake pregnancy?

There's got to be some kind of connection.

But anyway

Today an officer who goes by the name Ryan Churchman will be coming to my house for an investigation.

It turns out that the fake pregnancy is  a big deal. And she could actually got to jail for it. Since she was stupid enough to post her "pregnancy" online.

Plain ol' stupid Stacy.

School actually had to close today because of that. I know it's weird but the teachers probably also wanted to use the excuse to get the day off.

I look myself up and down. Admiring my face. My face looks better when I just woke up.

I know it's weird.

"Honey! Officer Churchman is here!"My mom calls out from the kitchen.

I walk down with confidence, but that all fades away when I see his face. He looks scarier than my great grandfather.

And he's dead.

"Good morning." He greeted. And walked in without a single emotion on his face.

He sits on the chair and glares at me till I sit down beside him.

I think I was a bit to close cause he shifted away.

I feel like he has something against me.

"I want you to answer truthfully"

I nod.

"How did you know that she was pregnant?"

"The person that she had said got her pregnant told me"

"Why did he tell you?" He asked, acting like that's the most shocking thing in the world.

"I don't know" I answer, rolling my eyes.

"Do you have any suspicion?"

"On his brother, Joe Harebottle."

I regretted that immediately when I said it.

To late to take it back.

"And why do you say that?"

"He was the one who told me she wasn't really pregnant"

"And why didn't you report this?"

"I didn't care" I say in a that's-so-obvious tone.

"Have you ever spoken with her?"

"She was my best friend"

"So you have?"

"Duh!— I mean yes"

"What broke you up?"

"Well she kissed my ex"

"Was he your boyfriend at the time?"

"Yes"

"Yikes!"

He writes some stuff on his little note pad and stands up.

"Goodbye" he said and left, still without an emotion on his face.

"How rude!" My mom called out from behind me and aggressively crossed her arms over her chest.

"He didn't even have the decency to close the door!" She complained and banged the door close.

"Mom maybe you're being a little over-"

"Shut the hell up!" She interrupted.

"Whoa mom calm down.." I begged, moving away from her

"No! Go to your room" She demands, pointing her long fingers towards the stairs.

"Mom but I-"

"I said go!" She interrupts again.

But this time I obey.

"Ok" I agree quickly and run for my life.

What's wrong with my mom? Why's she taking it as an offense, I mean, he just left the door open.

Anyways here's my week planner:

Tuesday: have to do project with Jayden

Wednesday: Fathers funeral and Step father is coming

Thursday: buying valentines dress.

Friday: Valentine's Day

Saturday: Valentine's Day dance

So when I say my week is packed I'm not kidding.

"Honey! Come down I need to talk to you"My mom called from downstairs.

I rush downstairs and sit down on the couch opposite her with a frown.

I think I know what she's gonna talk about.

"So about my Fiancé and him being Stacys dad and stuff... I don't really think I want to break up with him."

"What? Why not?"

"Look, you and Stacy have your problems. I can see that. But I'm not going to let your hatred towards each other fiddle with my relationship because-"

"I know, I know I get it." I interrupt

"Really? You do?"

I nod.

"Oh thank you kiddo!"

My heart sinks when I hear that word, that's what my dad used to call me.