Chapter 29

"Good morning class, today I will introduce you too your new lab partners, who you will have to do your project with." Mr Wilber said, as he waved his stick around.

The class started complaining, but obviously Mr Wilber didn't care. At all.

I didn't really mind who I sat with. As long as I don't sit with: Makenzie, Charles, Chadwick II, Bianca, Anna, Marie, Spencer, Brandon, Elliott and Isaac.

Actually now to think about it... I do mind who I sit with.

"Chloe!" I heard Mr Wilbers loud voice say, waking me up from my daydream.

"Yes?" I ask, crossing my fingers under the desk.

"You get to sit with.... hmmm, let's see..." he started, everyone at class looked at me. Then he continued, "Oh! Yes miss Mills, you get to sit with Mr Harebottle"

When was he ever in my chemistry class?

I don't know why but I actually want to sit with him.

I watch as he comes to sit beside me, as I try to ignore all the awkward glares all the girls are giving me.

He noticed me staring so I shift my gaze and make it look like I was looking at someone behind him.

"This project is going to be based on famous scientists. You will have to make a report on who those people are, what they discovered , when they died and so forth. I do not want anybody to do it on Leonardo da Vinci because we all know who he is already. So think outside the box."

I could see it on everyone's faces that they were going to hate this project.

I don't know why but I prefer this to a test.

"Where should we do it?" Jayden asks.

"Library" I say, even though I wouldn't want to do it in the library.

It's too quiet. And I would actually want some alone time with Jayden. Just to analyze.

"That is a terrible idea"he argues , sitting straighter on his chair.

"Why?"I ask, waiting for his dumb excuse.

"I do not want to be seen in a library" he said, and I role my eyes.

"You got any better ideas?"

"Actually, yes I do" he says, smirking like an idiot.

He's an idiot.

"And where's that?" I ask, smirking back at him.

Two can play at that game.

"Your house"

"Why not yours?"

"I'm too lazy to clean my room"

Of course he's too lazy. All he does is annoy me.

This will be harder than I thought.

***
"But mommmmm..." I argue.

Why is she so annoying? Why is everyone so annoying ?

"No 'buts', I said my fiancé is coming to live with us and that's final."she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why doesn't he have his own house?!" I ask, very concerned about the fact that an old guy has no home but still has money for an engagement party.

"I told you, he just finished school and his parents won't let him sleep in their basement anymore" she said, acting like that's a valid explanation.

"How do you finish school at 47 years old?!" I ask, trying not too scream in frustration.

"He didn't finish high school!"

"So you're saying that he dropped out?" I ask, grinning like an idiot.

I might actually win this argument.

"No!" She lies, her cheeks starting to turn red.

"But that's exactly what you're saying!" I complain, face palming myself.

"You know what? I don't have to have this argument with you"

"So what's his job now?" I ask, completely ignoring what she just said.

"He's a farmer"

"Seriously?!"

"What?" She ask, staring at my now hanging mouth.

"He studied to be a farmer?!"

"Is there a problem?"

"Yes!"

"How's he going to pay for my college?" I ask, thinking only about myself.

"I'll pay for it"

"Will you?"

"Yes, I'm a good mother, remember?"

"Where will you get the money from?"

"Your dads will and testament"

My dads what???

"Wait what?"

"Oh I forgot to tell you that his funeral is on Wednesday"

"Two days?"

"No it's yesterday" she says, laughing at her own joke.

"Haha very funny mother" I say and wait for her to stop laughing before I continued,"Don't I get some of the will and testament?"

:::::

Heyyyyyyyyy

Please vote, comment and share :)

Byeee