Prologue: Adam Taurus

Woohoo, another out of place chapter!!! This takes place right after the train chapter, sorry for the confusion for those who are reading this now. There will be a Blake and Sienna chapter, but that's about it for the prologue after this!

XXXXXXXXXX

"No beast is more savage than man when possessed with power answerable to his rage."

- Plutarch

XXXXXXXXX

From as young as I can remember, I was plagued with thoughts of violence. Thoughts of revenge. Haunted by the visages of my dead parents, taunting me with the addicting threat of violence against my enemies.

But when my parents were killed off by Atlas, I found solace in the people around me. The Belladonna's, Ellen, Blake, Sienna...

Y/N.

These thoughts and feelings have only grown worse now that Blake has betrayed us...betrayed ME. Y/N died because of her selfish actions. Because I hesitated to kill for the sake of my loved ones. Just like how my parents died because I did not take action fast enough back then, I let my best friend...my brother die to those who continue to take from me. 

Over and over and over I've hesitated to hurt others and for what? Be it enemy or foe, I've been reticent to harm another...and here I stand now. Alone and betrayed. Without cause or purpose. 

Haunted by the spirits of Y/N and the White Fang who have died under my command.

Why?

When my parents were killed, I acted without hesitation to slaughter my opponent quickly. An action caused by the consequences of another action. Was that not right? Was that not just, like Blake and Sienna harp on?

Justice is a cruel thing...one that doesn't view right or wrong.

So I will create my own justice and enact it myself...in the eyes of the beholder, how could that be wrong?

XXXXXXXXX

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Adam punched holes into the wall in front of him as he collapsed to his knees in the meeting room. Footsteps scurried out in the hallway leading to the room he was in. He pulled himself up and continued to stare at his bloody fists.

Y/N's shattered katana and pistols laid in front of him on the table, the ripped shirt he desperately tried to grab hold of laid beneath them.

"Adam!" Sienna called out, practically slamming through the door with fury. Her eyes lit up in anger as she stomped towards him. "You son of a bitch! I told you not to go on that mission and yet you went on it anyways, AND took Y/N with you! What are you thinking?! That mission was a trap and you didn't listen! You're lucky that nobody died on that trip, because when those Faunus got back and told me what happened, I had right to go to Ellen and tell her what you've done!"

"..." Adam said nothing as he leaned onto the table, obscuring Sienna's view of what sat atop it. His blood dripped onto the remnants of Y/N's gear and reflected his gaze back at him. "They were soldiers, they knew what they were getting into when they signed up."