Prologue: Pyrrha vs Y/N

"I have given thee courtesy enough. Now I fight as Hoarah Loux, warrior!"

- Godfrey, The First Elden Lord

XXXXXXXXX

"It's do or die!" Y/N mumbled as he sprinted forward, ducking underneath Pyrrha's wide swing. He narrowed his eyes at the easily telegraphed move, to which the champion seemed confused that he had dodged underneath. Y/N side stepped and swung forward with his katana, slicing through the air and just barely missing the champion.

Pyrrha slid back and raised her shield to block the second blow Y/N sent her way. The katana slid off of the shield like butter and Pyrrha centered herself back, surging forward. The two slammed their weapons together, Y/N countering and blocking each attack using his katana as they swirled around one another in a dance of fiery tension.

They both went for a swift kick at the same time, slamming their limbs against one another. A shockwave emanated from it as Pyrrha and Y/N both jumped backwards, locking eyes once again.

Pyrrha tightened her grip on her spear, Miló, while Y/N held his katana, its blade gleaming in the low light of the clouds above them. The crowd roared louder and louder the more intense the battle became. Pyrrha had a near predatory grin on her face, elation coming off of each and every attack. The two caught their breaths before circling around an invisible pole, waiting for the other to take the first move.

Without warning, Pyrrha lunged forward, her spear slashing through the air with incredible speed. Y/N dodged to the side, narrowly avoiding the deadly strike. He countered with a series of quick slashes, his katana dancing through the shadows from the overcasted weather. Pyrrha deftly parried each attack, her shield, Akouo, absorbing the impact effortlessly.

Their movements were a blur as they clashed again and again. Pyrrha's combat skill was unmatched, and her Semblance allowed her to control metal with precision, much to Y/N's chagrin. He didn't have a clue what activated it or what her limits were, but he was beginning to notice the small movements in his sword. It didn't hit when it should have and it kept barely grazing her body.

Y/N gritted his teeth, determination in his eyes. He focused his Aura, the energy within him, and lunged forward with a burst of speed. He executed a complex series of strikes, the katana's blade becoming a deadly blur. Pyrrha struggled to keep up with the rapid attacks, her shield taking a beating.

But Pyrrha was not one to be underestimated. With a sudden surge of strength, she disarmed Y/N, sending the katana flying across the arena. Y/N stood defenseless for a moment, catching his breath.

Y/N lay on the ground, winded and bruised from Pyrrha Nikos's devastating attack. Pyrrha stood over him, spear at the ready, a look of determination in her eyes. But Y/N wasn't ready to give up just yet.

With a quick, fluid motion, Y/N reached into his toga like shirt and pulled out twin pistols from the holsters inside of it. The arena lights gleamed off the polished barrels as he rolled to the side, narrowly avoiding another strike from Pyrrha's spear.

He fired a barrage of shots, each one perfectly aimed, forcing Pyrrha to leap back to avoid the deadly bullets. The deafening gunshots echoed through the arena, the acrid smell of gunpowder filling the air.

Y/N sprang to his feet, his agility and speed on full display. He continued to fire, forcing Pyrrha to deflect the bullets with her shield. Sparks flew as the bullets ricocheted off the metal surface.