Act 1: A Fractured Mind

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact same fucking thing over and over again, expecting shit to change."

- Vaas, Far Cry 3

Birds chirped.

The wind howled.

The floor boards creaked.

Soft voices whispered.

The culmination of a natural melody stirred Y/N from his sleep after his reunion with his family. His body gave out and he dragged himself to his old room, still in utter disbelief at what had happened to him and the others.

His eyes snapped open, his body flailing about as he rolled up and standing. Raising his fists, flames flickered off of his arms as he spun around, his still blurry vision beginning to adjust to the bright area surrounding him. As he opened his eyes back up again, he froze in a state of pure shock and confusion.

Y/N found himself standing in the grand foyer of an opulent castle that seemed to stretch infinitely in all directions. The air was filled with an otherworldly richness, a blend of exotic fragrances and the soft rustle of sumptuous fabrics. The intricate golden chandeliers hung from the ceiling, casting a warm, golden glow on the marble floors adorned with intricate patterns.

"What the...?" Y/N turned around, frantically looking every which way. "Where am I? Hello?!"

Tall windows lined the walls, revealing breathtaking vistas of bright blue skies and vast grassy plains that extend as far as the eye can see. The sunlight bathes the room in a warm, inviting glow, creating a contrast with the cool hues of the castle interior.

When Y/N turned back around, he was faced with a giant red carpet atop the intricately designed marble flooring, leading up to a pristine royal throne. Power washed over him as he began to shake, the raw fear of the unknown and unattainable flooding his very being.

Four beings stood atop the rest, the world practically graveling at their feet as they looked down on humanity.

A voluptuous blue genie hovered gracefully, holding a lamp that emanated an enchanting glow of pure prestige. The genie's presence added an air of magic and mystique with the faint sound of wind chimes following her every move.

At the far end of the foyer, surrounding the throne and laid down, a giant black dragon with piercing golden eyes stands sentinel. The dragon, majestic and imposing, held a longsword between its teeth, that seemed to absorb and reflect both light and darkness. Swirls of dark and light danced around the blade, creating an ethereal and mesmerizing motion.

In the midst of everything happening, a little girl with a blurred-out face appeared sitting on the giant dragons head. She twirled around an incredibly detailed scepter. The scepter, adorned with precious gems and delicate carvings, was shooting bubbles and butterflies out of its end. Despite the blur obscuring her features, the girl exuded an aura of innocence and wonder, reminding Y/N of the same feeling he got from 987.

Then he laid eyes upon her.

A haughty-looking princess with platinum blonde hair commanded his attention the second she noticed he tried to look away. She wore a frilly and sleek red dress that hugged her curves, exuding an air of regal confidence and charisma. The pristine princess looked upon Y/N with an ambivalent gaze, her eyes looking completely and utterly bored with his existence.

His mind raced and he tried to speak, but found that his voice was now completely mute as the Princess raised her hand. A crown appeared upon her head as she looked forward, impassionately nodding as Y/N was sent to his hands and knees. He was forced into a deep bow, desperately trying to push himself upward to revolt. He forced himself to look up, fury rising up in him as he grit his teeth.