Prologue: A United Front

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

G-Man

XXXXXXXXX

"What?" Ghira said blankly as Kali looked stupefied. "Are you being serious or is this a joke?"

"No, I'm being completely and utterly real. I wouldn't bring this up if I didn't think it posed a potential concern either now or in the future." Summer said with a sigh as she placed her hands in her lap. "I looked into his health records, just to see if I could find anything interesting in the tests they ran. I know we spoke about how he had no relation to anyone and that his DNA wasn't even a false match...but I noticed something interesting and checked him over myself."

"Is he okay?" Kali asked a little too rabidly as Ghira placed a hand on her shoulder. "Sorry I just-"

"I'm a mother too Kali, no worries." Summer smiled before handing them a chart with levels and numbers on it. "Which is why I want you both to know about this."

Ghira and Kali both looked over the paper, their eyes glazing over as they a bunch of graphs and charts, with all of his vitals on it, including a small bar at the bottom labeled aura capacity. They both paid it no heed until Summer passed them another sheet identical with nearly all of the same stats on it, but this time the aura capacity bar was beginning to fill up.

"Summer, is this...?"

"I'm not a medical expert, so I can only tell you what I know." Summer took a small breath before continuing as she looked them dead in the eye. "Did either of you try and activate Y/N's aura? Do any of the kids have their aura unlocked?"

"N-No of course not!" Kali replied indignantly as she gripped the papers. "I would never put any of those children at risk. Unlocking an aura at such a young age is a ercipe for disaster, their spirits would be impacted for life!"

"Good." Summer replied in a serious tone as she looked down and sighed. "Those papers are the tests they ran when Y/N got here. All things considered he's a perfectly natural and healthy baby. They took the same tests before all of you leave, to make sure that there isn't any false negatives or the like. What they found was...that his aura was unlocked already. And that it was regenerating itself through some kind of...aura osmosis. He's been sapping the aura away from people around him, but only enough that it's not noticeable. They don't even think he's doing it consciously, like it's-it's some kind of subconscious desire to stay alive."

"Summer, we want to believe you, but do you recognize how crazy this sounds?" Ghira leaned forward with the papers in his hands as he looked them over. "For a baby to have his aura unlocked AND to be able to use it...I can count on one hand how many cases of that have existed in the history of Remnant that we know of."

"I know and so can I. I only know one man in the present world who was born with his aura and semblance both activated and he destroyed the hospital he was born into." Summer nodded as she leaned forward to meet Ghira's concern. "But this is real and this is serious. He's not sapping just aura away either, he's sapping negative emotions away. It makes sense now, the kids and your own well beings are increasing through his latent power to just...evaporate your negative emotions. It doesn't completely get rid of them, but it stops you from feeling them so much you fall to grief. For adults like yourselves, it doesn't seem to be as effective, but for kids it's like it completely rewires their brain to only positive emotions."

"So that's...that's why the kids are so focused on him. It's making them ignore their grief and trauma." Ghira mumbled as he clenched his fists. "That's not right Summer, that's-"