Act 1: Embracing Home

"I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take in my life."
– Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

XXXXXXXXX

Amidst the chaos of the final part of the prison break, Y/N, Adam Taurus, Roman Torchwick, and Neo found themselves navigating through the crumbling corridors and debris after Y/N's murder of Padraig back where it all started. The clamor of alarms and distant clashes echoed in the air as they pressed forward, aiming for the elusive freedom awaiting them.

Y/N, however, halted abruptly, his determination set on a different course as they reentered the destroyed prison entrance area. Faunus were injured and stuck under rubble, practically waiting to be capture or killed again as they ran through, until eventually Y/N stopped moving altogether. The three in front of him whipped back around to see what the hold up was before Y/N turned, waving them away.

"I won't leave without making sure the others get out. I can't abandon them."

Adam, his Faunus heritage resonating with the cause, shook his head in disagreement. With a scowl under his mask, he tried to pull Y/N forward.

"This is a prison break, Y/N, and you used up a lot of our time for Padraig. Our priority is getting out. We can't risk our freedom for others, even if they are our kind."

"Look, kid, I get it. Noble cause and all, but this place is about to crumble. Saving others might just get us all killed." Roman chimed in with a shrug. "I used a lot of favors for this and my employer will NOT be happy about it."

Neo expressed her disagreement through a disapproving gaze, her actions echoing her sentiment. She shook her head to the sides, her eyes showing that while she understood, it was a bad move.

Y/N, however, stood firm, conviction burning in his eyes.

"I can't turn my back on them. We've endured enough, if I can save them I will."

Adam, frustrated by Y/N's insistence, argued back.

"You're letting emotions cloud your judgment. This is about our survival. We need to focus on ourselves, or you'll end up back in a cage."

Roman, assessing the situation pragmatically sighed and placed a hand on Y/N's shoulder.

"I hate to say it, but Adam's got a point. Saving others might be a nice sentiment, but it's not practical right now."

Neo gestured toward the crumbling surroundings, emphasizing the imminent danger.

Y/N, torn between personal freedom and a sense of responsibility, knew that his decision would carry consequences. The Faunus prisoners looked on, their fate hanging in the balance as the group grappled with conflicting priorities in the heart of the prison break.

"I'm. Staying."

"Fuck me, fine! We'll start up the Bullhead, but get ready to run and do not dick around Y/N." Adam placed a hand onto his shoulder. "I lost you once, I won't lose you again."

Y/N nodded, noticing a small book in Adam's hand, one that he often saw Padraig use. Adam, seemingly noticing his gaze, quickly hid the book before hugging the boy one last time.