Act 1: Forgiveness is Therapeutic

In the heart of the bustling city of Central Mistral, nestled behind the towering walls and golden gates, stood the Malachite Mansion. Sienna briefly explained it to Y/N as they walked to their rooms after their arrival. It was a luxurious giant mansion that belonged to the Malachite mob led by Lil' Miss, someone Ellen was close friends with. The family was known for their wealth, power, and ruthlessness in whatever they may have been tasked with. None moreso than acting as the Queens hired help or providers if needed. The atmosphere was one of opulence and danger, with the scent of money and blood hanging heavy in the air. 

Y/N now stood back in the main hall flanked by both Miltia and Melanie, who were dragging him around. Lil Miss tasked them with escorting him around, showing him where everything was, and making sure he was taken care of.

Y/N, being as sarcastic and monotone as anyone could be, earned him the disdain of Miltia and Melanie. It was immediately apparent the two of them held some kind of hatred for him after their little stunt at the front door. The walk was quiet as they led him through the grand halls, their footsteps echoing on the polished marble floors.

"This is the main hall," Miltia said, her voice dripping with disdain as she rolled her eyes with a huff. "It's where we host our most important guests and conduct our most important business. So stay out of it if you don't want to be hung up and shot like a dog."

Y/N nodded, his eyes scanning the room. 

"Impressive," he said, his tone flat. "I can see why you're so proud of it."

Melanie shot him a glare. "We're not proud of it. It's just a room."

Y/N shrugged. 

"If you say so. Not many people have a hall the size of an entire city block so, I'd assume you have some pride in it."

"Is that jealousy I sense dear sister?" Miltia scoffed. "Leave it to the boy from the sticks to start getting envious of wealth."

Y/N rolled his eyes as the trio continued down the winding hallways. They continued their tour, moving through the various rooms of the mansion now. Y/N was shocked as they entered room after room after room, each with their own purpose and style. Each one was more lavish than the last, filled with priceless art, expensive furniture, and the finest fabrics. Miltia and Melanie explained the purpose of each room, their voices growing increasingly irritated with Y/N's sarcastic comments and monotone responses.

"This is the library," Melanie said, gesturing to a room filled with books. "It's where we keep our most valuable possessions and literature."

Y/N raised an eyebrow. "Books? Valuable? I'm shocked."

Miltia rolled her eyes. 

"You are just...insufferable. They are not just any books. These are rare, first editions. Some of them are worth more than your life. And probably your home island."

"I'll try not to damage them, then." Y/N grinned as Melanie quirked an eyebrow. 

"You can read?" 

Y/N deflated with a sigh as they both smirked as they led him out to the hallway again.

As they moved through the mansion, Miltia and Melanie explained to Y/N that he would be housed there, trained, and go through counseling in order to assess whether or not he would live. The Malachite family had a strict policy when it came to new members, and Y/N was no exception.

"You'll be living in the east wing." Miltia said, pointing to a corridor lined with doors. "Your room is the third one on the left. Right next to Sienna."

Y/N nodded, his expression unreadable. 'I'll try not to get lost.'

Melanie glared at him. 

"You'd better not. We don't take kindly to people who can't follow simple instructions. A lot happens in this building...make a wrong move and hear something you aren't supposed to, we can't vouch for your safety."

Y/N simply smiled, his eyes twinkling with amusement. 

"Yikes...I'll do my best."

As the tour continued, Y/N couldn't help but notice the tension between him and the Malachite siblings. They clearly disliked him, and their disdain was palpable. But Y/N was no stranger to such treatment, and he took it in stride. Yet one thing was becoming increasingly clear to him. Eventually they settled back into Y/N's room, surprisingly allowing him to ask any questions he might have for them so far. One thing was plaguing Y/N's mind and it was almost certainly what the twins were expecting him to ask.