Prologue: Sienna Khan

"Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible, but man's inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary."

- Reinhold Neibuhr

XXXXXXXXX

Sienna barreled through their compound, ignoring everyone calling out to her as tears poured out of her eyes. She was hardly registering what she was going through, she didn't have time for all of these people right now. She just ascended for Oum's sake, she wasn't ready for this, certainly not without...him.

It was over. Everything she had planned out for herself was over. Her future was bleak and all she was left with was a title and a bunch of people who were looking to her for guidance. How? 

How was SHE supposed to lead all of these people into some kind of faux war they were expecting? This wasn't like it used to be, this was a different time with different technology. A war would be over in seconds, they couldn't hope to stand up to a large scale offensive.

It was done. Everything she wanted was in dead water.

Sienna burst into her room in the Belladonna household and launched herself into her bed, still sobbing uncontrollably as she clutched her pillow. She should've searched for any kind of confirmation or asked for a body or anything, but right now she couldn't do it. 

Y/N was dead and she had to face reality. The fact that Adam brought him on the mission and Blake was the one to betray them didn't matter.

Y/N was dead and there was nothing they could do about it. She was lost in her screams and sobbing as a knock on the door echoed throughout her room. She should've been better, should've got up and opened the door, but she only sobbed louder. Dealing with anyone right now seemed like an insurmountable challenge she couldn't handle. 

Ellen entered her room and Sienna looked up through tear filled eyes. She shut the door behind her as Sienna launched herself at her grandmother and clung to her for dear life. Ellen didn't try saying anything or trying to get through to her as she hugged her grand-daughter as tight as she could. She rubbed her head and tried herself not to cry as her granddaughter bawled her eyes out until her voice went hoards and she collapsed in her arms from pure exhaustion, both physical and emotional.

Ellen didn't dare leave her side the entire time, not even bothering to go and tell the Belladonna's what happened as she was afraid what Sienna would do when she woke up. It wasn't until late that Sienna finally stirred in her arms, waking up with bloodshot eyes and tear streaks down her face. Her voice was nearly completely gone as she looked up to Ellen with despair laced in her eyes.

"Grandma...?" Sienna said as she fought back the tears from coming down. "Is it true?"

"As far as I know...it is." Ellen said sitting on the bed with her back to the wall as Sienna's face scrunched up and tears began to form. Ellen hugged her tight as Sienna's body shook with a mix of anger and despair. 

"Blake did it, Adam said she blew up the cart." Sienna said hoarsely as Ellen nodded, stroking her back. "Why?"

"She wanted out if I had to hazard a guess. Blake was never for any kind of violence or force. Adam and his branch of the White Fang have been getting more and more violent. Y/N took his first life. Everything has been changing for the worse. Guess she took her moment when she saw it."