Act 1: Man Made Monster

"War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other."
– Niko Bellic, Grand Theft Auto IV

XXXXXXXXX

"Singu...larity?" Y/N said as he sat on the bed back in the lab chamber. He held his head in his hands with a sickening headache after what he just did. The pleasure had worm off and he was faced with reality once again, despairing at the thought of being used as a human crematorium.

Padraig paced around with glee as he was frantically writing some formula onto the board in his lab. The creaks and noises of the chalk were like screeches to Y/N's ears as he flinched at each sound.

"Allow me to elucidate and enlighten you about the extraordinary power I have been cultivating in you. The absolute force to erase existence itself...it's invaluable. To look at the interwoven fabrics of our world and surpass the limits of science would be...astoundingly impossible, did you know that? Yet my hypothesis is centered on that unknown, unexplored force born from the fusion of your innate flames and the depths of my scientific manipulation."

Padraig gestured towards the flames emanating from Y/N's form as a projector began replaying what Y/N had just done.

"What I aim for you to possess is the ability to create localized gravitational anomalies within the fabric of reality. Your flames, infused with a unique energy resonance between your own molecular makeup, energy from dust, the auras of others, and unnatural beings within our world, have the potential to warp space-time itself through the process I've created."He paced around the boy faster now, his words a twisted symphony of scientific jargon. "When you unleash your flames, the energy density becomes so immense and condensed that it should form what I like to call micro black holes. These singularities, born from everything I mentioned before, possess gravitational forces that defy conventional understanding. It's quite frankly ludicrous that we've even gotten this far."

Padraig's eyes glittered with mad brilliance. "It is my hope that you, Y/N, can control these miniature black holes, using them like weapons of mass destruction as we begin to understand them more and more. Eventually, a mere thought, a mere whim, and you can unleash forces capable of tearing through the very fabric of reality. Could you imagine? I mean really, truly imagine...."

He approached Y/N, the flames held in his palms now casting eerie shadows on the laboratory walls. "Imagine the power, the chaos, the absolute control you could have. Singularity is not just some power or some ability; it's a force that transcends the boundaries of ordinary existence. We are on the precipice of newfound evolution...to surpass the divine, my dear boy. To destroy creation itself is...cosmic annihilation."

Y/N, caught in the vortex of his fractured consciousness, felt the weight of the explanation. The power of singularity...Y/N didn't quite understand it let alone believed he could actually do it, but the thought of it teased the edges of Y/N's consciousness. Could he master it and use it against Padraig? Was it even a real thing? That was a thought for later as Padraig had left Y/N alone again, to ruminate about his current situation in the dark like he always had been.

If he wanted light? He had to use his flames. A way to train him to not burn everything around him. He has gotten used to flames, no longer afraid of them and their overwhelming intensity. He couldn't resonate with any other element at this point, ice, electric, gravity, wind, and others gave him no powers. Supposedly Padraig believes dust to be linked to emotions as we activate it with our aura. Because Y/N is feeling nothing but rage, his hypothesis is centered on the fact Y/N just can't attune to other elements.

But now...now what was in store for him?

Over the course of the next agonizing few months, Y/N found themselves back in the same routine, though with a few added steps.