Prologue: Preparation for Success

XXXXXXXXX

For clarities sake, Y/N is 14 here, spends a year in prison until he's 15, then won't get into Beacon until 18. Ruby will be 18 and everyone else will be 21. Yes, I am messing with the ages here. Beacon will only accept 21 year olds and only accept 18 year olds in special cases. I've always had an issue with something like Beacon recruiting 18 year olds, but I guess that's a little more closer to reality than I'd like to think. In the end, the age doesn't entirely matter, but thought I would clarify. It won't be brought up that often outside of the prologue, so if you'd like to attribute your own age onto the character that will work too. 

Something lacking in the OG was anything regarding a criminal history, something I'm keen to play into with this version. This means you'll be getting a lot of more of the flashbacks in the OG fleshed out here rather than having to wait and make sense of them afterwards.

XXXXXXXXXX

"Its easy to forget what sin is in the middle of a battlefield..."

- Solid Snake

XXXXXXXXXX

"Come on Y/N, focus. Draw it out slowly, envision it being absorbed into you." Ellen barked orders from the side line as a now fourteen year old Y/N stood in their back garden, holding out his hand towards Adam. Eighteen year old Adam sat with a grimace as his negative energy was drawn out of him by Y/N, a visible string of energy between the two as Ellen stood nearby with a scroll tracking the younger boys aura meter beginning to go up quicker than expect. "Slow it down, you're going too fast."

Y/N grit his teeth in concentration and narrowed his eyes as sweat dripped off of his forehead. His hand tensed as he physically felt himself feel better and better as time went on. Adam seemed indifferent as he nodded to Y/N that he was okay and good to go on. 

"I'm...trying!" Y/N replied to Ellen as his hand began to shake. "It's hard to control it so...slowly!"

"Well, don't worry about it now." Ellen closed the scroll as Y/N dropped his hand and let out a breath. Adam walked towards him and placed a hand onto his shoulder, checking up on him. "You're full up for now. I'll have Blake swap in with Adam next time. Now that you're older, you're not doing it entirely unconsciously, so you'll need to keep this up. It's one hell of a semblance that's for sure, though I'm still not sure what else it can actually...well, do."

"I guess...I haven't figured it out any further than you guys. My aura is still acting weird though, I'm assuming it has something to do with that." Y/N shrugged as Adam put a hand to his chin and nodded as he thought.

"It's a good idea to be fair. The mere fact your aura isn't always on and must be artificially filled up with negative energy to even be usable is interesting. It's like your aura is more akin to a mana bar rather than a regenerating shield." Adam said as Ellen tossed him a sword. He caught as she tossed another to Y/N. "Sparring? Again?"

"You two are the only ones who can keep up with one another in an actual one on one fight. Sienna fights with special tactics and Blake fights through stealth. You can spar with them to learn more, sure, but at the end of the day what's a spar that will end in a few seconds?" Ellen shrugged as Y/N and Adam grimaced. It was a pure fact that Blake and Sienna kicked their asses each and every time. Adam still had trouble hitting women and even more so against Blake herself. Y/N was only just learning how to use weapons and fist fight, so he was even more easy to take out. The few times where he became a real problem, all they did was wear his aura out until he couldn't move anymore. "Now, no more moping. Y/N needs to figure out how to beat Adam already, it's been months!"