Act 1: Prison Break

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!"
- Dracula, Castlevania: SOTN

XXXXXXXXX

Y/N found himself back into the cold, desolate laboratory, hanging in chains, his once defiant spirit now reduced to a mere puppet in Padraig's sadistic experiments. Emotionless and mentally malleable, Y/N's eyes held a vacant gaze, the remnants of their shattered spirit lost in the abyss of endless torment. It had been days since the incident and he hadn't seen the light of day or gotten the same luxuries as before. Padraig had him sedated and brought into the lab again, now chained and muzzled with a specialized collar to prevent him from using his aura or flames. He was completely and utterly stuck and defeated with his mind flashing to the moment 987 was murdered for no other reason than his own torment.

Padraig seemed to revel in the control he had over Y/N's shattered existence. Chains bound Y/N, the cold metal bit into his previously warm flesh, as Padraig began to run experiment after experiment. Things had gotten much, much worse now that he was broken.

Experiment after experiment unfolded, each one a relentless assault on Y/N's battered form. The laboratory walls bore witness to the grotesque symphony of agony, as Y/N's body became a canvas for Padraig's sadistic art. His body had been beaten and battered, unable to regenerate through absorption or aura healing now. He was completely and utterly depleted of any sign of life, his dirty body looking more and more like a corpse as days passed.

The main experiment forced him to practice singularity, over and over and over. The gravitational anomalies, once a source of potential power, became instruments of self-destruction. The force of each attack decimated Y/N's body parts, dismantling him as time went on. Like before, with death came rebirth and he was unable to rest at any point in time.

As Padraig reveled in the havoc he had wrought, Y/N's silent grunts echoed in the laboratory's silent void.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks into one month as Y/N's existence became a nightmarish cycle of torment.

That was until Padraig had arrived with something different this time. A different kind of injection, one that was dark and cloudy, looking almost like the night sky. Y/N stared at the syringe filled with an ominous substance, not even flinching at the giant needle at the end of it. The vacant gaze in Y/N's eyes remained unchanged as Padraig smiled in glee.

"Good morning my boy!" Padraig said sitting atop a metal table with a smile as she crossed his legs, leaning his arms onto the top one. "I have to say, I am so proud of what we have accomplished together. Now I know this have been rough, but today is a momentous occasion. A truly remarkable feat of mortality. We've reached a whole year since you've been here, incredible right?"

Y/N looked upward with a blank gaze, with nothing but dull fury laced in his amber eyes. Padraig smirked putting the needle down and raising his hands.

"Okay, okay, you got me." Padraig shrugged. "It's a few days past, but I forgot alright? Your progress on singularity has been of utmost important, you understand yes? Now, we don't actually know your birthday, so prisoners here are always given a gift on the day they were brought in. And today we're celebrating your accomplishments."

Once again, no response from Y/N as he looked back down, his body barely hanging up by his chained wrists that were now bleeding with his hands purple from the cut off circulation.

"And accomplishment is always met with reward. Which is why, I bring this!" Padraig produced the needle once again, making his way over to Y/N as he patted the matted hair atop his head. He showed the needle to Y/N and he didn't bother flinching as Padraig began injecting him with it. "This is a chemical compound I've recently created, a kind of...culmination of every other test. Before, your enhanced physique and abilities were momentary, fleeting bursts of energy and strength that allowed to destroy your opponents. But now...I'm going to turn you into an ever burning furnace. Thought I'm sure people like you would simply refer to it as a super soldier. Though this batch is much more attuned to your unique situation however. This is a diverse concoction of Grimm extract and the chemical compound we use to inject new abilities into you all. It's incredibly potent, and works as a steroid that will gift you with unlimited strength, stamina, and regenerative abilities, much like the Grimm themselves!"