Act 1: A Menagerie Encore

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." / "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."

- Obi-Wan

"My name is Alexander Taurus and on my honor as Topper, I challenge thy blood!"

They surrounded each other within the dimly lit and fetid sewer canal at the bottom of a desolate prison. Alexander Taurus and Y/N Belladonna regretfully faced one another, their wristbands ringing in confirmation that they were allowed to use deadly force now. The stench of decay and dampness hung in the air, creating an atmosphere that matched the grim determination etched on their faces. Alexander snarled like a rageful animal, turning his full attention onto the boy in front of him.

Without warning, Alexander extended his arms, palms facing outward, and with a face devoid of any emotion, he willed the blood from the puddles on the ground to rise and swirl around him like a malevolent vortex. The crimson liquid danced with deadly grace, forming into sharp, elongated blades, ready to strike. The two blades pointed themselves towards Y/N as Alexander reeled his body back.

Alexander shot forward as Y/N's eyes widened and he barely had enough to time to react as he threw himself out of the way. Alexander's attack slammed into the ground and exploded the area with a burst of blood where it hit as his blood sword was then pointed towards Y/N with resolve.

"T-Taurus?! I'm a Belladonna, you know me! We don't have to do this please, not in front of 987! We were played by Padraig, this isn't right!" Y/N glanced upwards and saw 987 bawling her eyes out as she was held back by Padraig's hands on her shoulders. He grit his teeth as Alexander rushed him down without a moments notice, causing Y/N to fumble around in the pit as he scrambled to get away from the flurry of slashes sent his way. Alexander's final attack sent a wave of blood, sharp enough to bisect Y/N as his body lit up with flames and he phased through it in the heat of the moment. His body turned to embers as he formed back into himself and flung forward, panting heavily and unaware of what was happening. His eyes darted to his hands as his powers seemingly began to activate without warning.

His flames flickered to life around his fists as he clenched them in anxiety, casting an eerie glow on his face. The battle commenced once again as Alexander made the first move. He sent a barrage of razor-sharp blood blades hurtling toward Y/N, whose eyes widened at the attack. The flames flared around Y/N as he deftly dodged and weaved, utilizing his enhanced speed to narrowly avoid the deadly projectiles. He retaliated by launching fireballs from his hands, but Alexander countered by manipulating the blood to form a protective barrier.

Y/N's movements were sound, but they lacked the tightness and foundation that Alexander displayed, just like in their previous duel. It was clear his body couldn't handle the increased strength and speed of itself at this point in time. A facet of their training they weren't focused on. With his increase in flame powers, his super strength and speed began to show itself.

They continued their back forth, but it was clear that Alexander was the one who held all of the power in this duel. He rushed down and kept Y/N on the complete defensive, taking advantage of the young boys inability to control his powers in an offensive capacity. With each destructive blow, the underground chamber echoed with the cacophony of their powers colliding.

As they clashed, the very earth trembled beneath their feet. Alexander swung his blood-formed weapons with precision, striking out with lethal accuracy. Y/N clumsily weaved through the crimson onslaught, subconsciously summoning torrents of black flames to shield himself and counterattack.