Prologue: Blake Belladonna

"'It was a mistake, you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you."

- David Leviathan

XXXXXXXXX

"No-no no no!" Blake fell to her knees as she hyper ventilated. "Y/N!"

She let out a blood curdling cry for her adopted brother as the remainder of the train fell off and disappeared behind her. Her adopted brothers limp body held her stare as it fell off into the forest below. She looked up frantically as she made direct eye contact with Adam, who looked like he was going to shatter into pieces then and there.

"BLAKE!" Adam roared in anger as he fell to his knees. He continued shouting at her over the sounds of the train beneath her, but it was drowned out by the distance that was created while the cut off part slowed down.

"This isn't-this isn't what I wanted!" Blake cried, speaking to none other than herself. Her body ached and her heart felt like it was torn into a million pieces. "It wasn't supposed to go this way! I have to go back!"

Blake said getting ready to jump ship before seeing just how fast she was going, with the carts behind her completely out of the distance now. Like Adam said, the train is automated and what they wanted was in the parts that had been severed from the front. The soldiers had no reason to come after her since she'd be arriving right to them eventually. Jumping off now would only kill her, with Adam prone to cleave her in half should she have the misfortune of living.

'I killed him.'

Those words ran across her mind at light speed. She had a backup plan, a life she was going to find fulfillment through while she stripped the future of her 14 year old adopted brother away from him. The one who had been there for all of them through thick and thin. Who had literally given them better lives just by existing as he was along with his unnatural powers. He was led astray by Adam because Sienna had been busy taking up the mantle of the White Fang leader. She could've stopped them, she could've stopped them both from doing this, but instead of that she went along with it to give herself a chance at a better life.

This wasn't what she wanted, she was tired of causing hurt and pain. But killing? Killing was too far. Not all Atlas soldiers were war criminals or racists, though it was easy to believe. Yet that meant not all Faunus were good people, that they had pure intentions when fighting for their life.

Adam was proof of that, a boy led astray by his own thoughts of death and vengeance. Because of that, he dragged a young boy who wanted to do something with himself into an all out war for Atlas.

Even then, Adam protected him and stood by him on that train. Taking stray bullets and the brunt of the force was his plan all along, to shield their adopted brother from any harm. And she had betrayed that, all of it. With one action, she caused the demise of them both along with their parents.

Her father and mother had been privy to what she was planning on doing, after all, it was only so easy to find lodging and training for three years from a world renowned professor and headmaster all on her own. They didn't pry nor ask when she would do it, just that she be safe and call them eventually.

They wouldn't have anticipated this, they couldn't. They weren't even supposed to be here in the first place, their parents thinking they were running off to find something to do rather than murdering and destroying Atlesian property. They were all supposed to come back home. He was supposed to come back home.

How would Ellen react? How would her parents react? Sienna...she would never forgive her. This would shatter the island into pieces. The beloved "Prince of Menagerie" would be lost forever to death and betrayal and it was all because of their Princess.