CHAPTER 1

Chapter 1

"Come on, someone has fallen into the river, come on, help me..."

This is an ancient village famous all over the country, with simple folk customs and beautiful mountains and rivers. Groups of river fish swim leisurely.

Jiang Hui was traveling alone, holding a mobile phone, taking pictures of the beautiful scenery around her.

When she heard someone yelling for help, she stuffed her phone into her trouser pocket and ran over quickly.

When she saw a child struggling up and down in the middle of the river, she didn't think much, she put the bag she was carrying on the side of the small embankment, and she jumped down.

Jiang Hui quickly swam to the middle of the river, hugged the child who fell into the water, sent him back to the bank, and pushed the child ashore vigorously.

Seeing that the child was safe, Jiang Hui breathed a sigh of relief.

When she was about to climb to the shore, she suddenly felt a vortex formed around her body, and a strong suction force dragged her down to the bottom of the river, swallowing her in the blink of an eye.

The icy river water covered her whole body, and the suffocation and pain of being submerged followed.

Jiang Hui wanted to struggle, to escape this death predicament, but found that she could not move her whole body as if bound by an invisible force.

Soon, she was suffocated into a coma and plunged into darkness.

Jiang Hui clearly realized that she was dead.

The despair and pain of being on the verge of death made her feel lingering fear when she thought about it.

But when she opened her eyes again, she suddenly found that she had returned to the old house in her hometown.

Jiang Hui looked at the somewhat yellowed mosquito net above her head, then at the familiar but no longer familiar dilapidated walls around her, and the dilapidated three-drawer old chest, she couldn't react for a while.

The three old adobe brick houses in her hometown had been bulldozed in 1995 when the old houses were renovated and a new building was built.

How did she return to the old house in her hometown in the blink of an eye from the ancient village thousands of miles away?

Isn't she dreaming now?

Jiang Hui pinched her arm hard.

But the tingling pain from her arm clearly told her that she was not dreaming!

Since it wasn't a dream, Jiang Hui thought of a possibility, rebirth!

She immediately got up from the bed and looked up at the small calendar hanging on the wall.

Sure enough, the above time display is: August 22, 1986.

This day is her fifteenth birthday!

She went directly from August 22, 2022 to August 22, 1986. This guy went back 36 years ago?

Although she returned to her girlhood, she was not very happy in her heart.

She has worked hard for so many years in Pengcheng, a first-tier big city, and finally managed to live a happy life with a large flat, a luxury car, and a lot of savings. Before liberation?

Jiang Hui felt uncomfortable at the thought of going back to the 1980s to live a hard life.

Her hometown is a small mountain village under the jurisdiction of Jiangcheng in the west of the Pearl River Delta in Guangdong Province.