ᴛ ʜ ʀ ᴇ ᴇ

TW// cussing, bullying, f slur (censored)

Faro's POV

I was slumped over my long couch, bored out of my mind, when my mum walked in the room.

"Faro, hunny," She said. "Hm?" I replied. "Have you seen that video on TikTok?" She asked. I blinked a few times, looking her way. "There are many videos on TikTok, mum. Which one, exactly?" I asked. She exhaled. "The one with those three boys being mean to the other boy who's skating. You know?" She said.

"Oh, uh, no, haven't seen it." I said. "What, is he bad or something?" I asked. "No, not at all! He's pretty good! Don't know why they're being mean." Mum frowned. "I'll send it to you." She said. I held her a thumbs up, and she walked away.

A few minutes later, my phone pinged. I picked it up and saw that it was a link to a TikTok video from my mum.

I popped in an AirPod and clicked the link. It loaded for a moment before a low quality video showed. Nothing was happening, really. Just some boy skating. He was doing pretty good. That is, until he barely messed up, that I hardly even caught.

The person filming started to laugh, gaining the skater's attention. He looked over and stare to stop, when a boy behind him screamed, making him fall from being startled.

I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking, that was rather rude.

"You should have seen your face!" The one filming laughed. The skater picked his hand up from the ice and rubbed it against himself. "This is going on TikTok! People are gonna love this!" Another boy said.

The camera zoomed in on the skaters slightly confused face.

The boy stood up and skated over to leave.

"Where you going, f@ggot? Running away like always?"

I paused for a moment. That was just uncalled for. I thought, good on you, when the boy flipped them off.

The boy then sprinted away.

"Should we follow him?" One boy asked. "Uh, duh! He's so fun to mess with!" The one filming said. I frowned. How can people be so rude?

"What's the rush, twinkle toes?" The one filming asked as the three walked into the locker room. The skater boy didn't seem to react, trying to ignore them. "You do realize that you're never gonna be able to compete, right? I mean, look at you. Can't even stick up for yourself. You're never gonna be as good as, what's his name, your idol, Faro, is his name?"

I pressed my lips into a thin line. His idol? I'm his idol? I felt flattered, in a way.

The boy went to walk away, but was grabbed by one of the other two boys.

"Don't touch me." The skater snapped, kicking at the one who grabbed him, who backed up.

Ooh, slay, I thought.

The skater stared at them for a moment before speeding away. He looked really upset, and I felt bad.

"Psh. He's such dog shit. I mean, does he really think he's every gonna be able to get anywhere with this hobby?" The one filming asked. The other two shrugged. They laughed to themselves and then the video restarted.

I don't know why they thought he was so bad at skating. In my opinion, he was pretty good. I saw potential.

I looked at the profile that posted the video, and saw that the kids location was in his bio for some reason.

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.

I thought for a moment before standing up and walking through the house.

"Mum! I'm going to Brazil!"

Words: 605