ꜰ ɪ ꜰ ᴛ ᴇ ᴇ ɴ

TW// talk of self harm and self harm recovery

Raven's POV

I chose this song specifically for the part where she says "Sticks and stones, they may break these bones. But then I'll be ready, are you ready?" and a few seconds later when she says "I don't want control, I want to let go." Because, well, they're relatable and I feel as if they go good with my programs concept.

Self harm recovery.

I closed my eyes, zoning in on the music as I began. Something Faro taught me to do. Don't focus on everything around you, but just on the flow of the music and they way your body moves with it.

It's not hard to do at all, considering I'm obsessed with music and I can get lost in my own world and forget about everything when I listen to it.

My brain told my body what to do and when to do it, as my heart focused on why I'm here. Here for my family. Here for my future. Here for Faro, my everything. Faro is my everything, aside from family. Though, I feel as if Faro is my family.

My mind jolted back to reality for just a few moments when I heard a roaring crowd of cheers. Cheering for me. Me! They're clapping for me! Before that point, I had never felt so honored, flattered, or thankful.

Before I knew it, the song was over, and I was in my finishing position, which was me on my knees on the ice, looking upwards, with my severely scared (yet covered) arm reaching towards the sky to symbolize healing and prosperity, and my other arm was behind me, palm down on the frigid ice.

I stayed still like that for a few moments as the crowd cheered and clapped and whistled. I then stood up, taking a bow, and skating away.

I ran off to where Faro was. When I spotted him standing there waiting for me, crying, yet smiling, I knew I had done a good job.

"Love, that was beautiful!" He engulfed me in a hug. "I've never seen a better performance!" "R-Really?" I asked. "Yes, really! The meaning behind it, the music, the choreography, everything was just amazing!" He squeezed me. "And you were so focused yet you still looked calm and content. That was wonderful."

"Thank you..!" I squeaked, tightly hugging him.

I then heard my phone ringing from inside my bag that was next to Faro's bag. I went over and grabbed it, seeing my mom trying to FaceTime me. I answered.

"Sweetie that was great!" She squealed. I could hear Sashi and my dad and Uneva clapping and cheering and "woo"ing in the background, distorting the audio. "Thank you, mom." I sniffed, wiping my eyes.

"I love the meaning behind it. Self harm recovery, is it?" She asked. "Yes, that's it. You could tell?" I replied. "Well, it was called 'Battle Scars' and the music just seemed to fit so I assumed. Plus, I had a feeling in my heart that that's what it meant." She said.

I hadn't told anyone, not even Sashi, what it was about. Only Faro and I knew.

"Why did you choose that to be your concept though?" She asked. I glanced over at Faro. "It's- It's complicated, but I promise, I'll explain when we're not on FaceTime with crappy video and audio." I said. "Alright, sweetheart. That makes me worry for you, but I won't say anything else for now." She said. I smiled. "Thanks."

"Now you better win this! First place gold! We're all rooting for you!" She cheered. Everyone else in the background chimed in. "I love you, Ray!" Sashi screamed. "I love you too!" I said back, happy tears forming in my eyes.

"Bye!" Everyone yelled. "Bye!" My voice broke.

Then the call ended.

I held my phone against my chest, smiling.

"You have a wonderful family." Faro smiled. "Yeah, and you're part of it." I leaned against him. "I am?" He asked. "In my eyes, yes. You're family." "Ray, I- I really appreciate that, love." He said.

I nudged him with my elbow.

"Don't get all teary on me now!" I joked. "I'm supposed to be the soft boyfriend that cries over everything, not you." I said, making him giggle. "Yeah, I guess you're right." He hummed. I scoffed, slapping his arm. "What? You said it first!" He rubbed his arm where I slapped it. I rolled my eyes.

"Do you think I'll at least place top three?" I asked. "Obviously! The crowd loved you and cheered more for you than anyone else out there, and you didn't mess up once! From what I saw, everyone else messed up at least once from the stress of it all." Faro said.

"I sure hope so." I said.

Words: 810