PROLOGUE

“Akshara, that’s not what you said,” her best friend, Aarohi, said with her eyes skewed.

“That was three years ago, and I was upset he walked away from the competition after arguing with my dad.” Akshara shook her head.

Aarohi was not going to let her off easy. “You said you would ask him why he walked away when you met him in person, and guess what, he is here on campus for the concert. You have to ask him.”

“Why does it matter anymore?” Akshara rolled her eyes.

“It does because I think you still have a crush on him.” Aarohi laughed.

“I had, Aarohi… not anymore. I am nineteen, not sixteen. I don’t care for arrogant quitters,” Akshara snapped.

Akshara’s tone only amused her friend. “Well, then go talk to him. Ask him what you wanted to ask him all these years. Talk to him, so you can get him out of your system and consider looking at other guys.”

“Aarohi, just stop. Why are we talking about him?”

“I saw the way you blushed when you saw him.” Aarohi laughed.

Akshara rolled her eyes. “I did not.”

“Yes, you did, and until you talk to him, you won’t get over him.

You are still hung up on that magical voice of his.” Aarohi winked.

“No, I’m not. Stop talking about him.” Akshara glared at her best friend.

“Akshara Goenka, I’ve known you since kindergarten, and you are a bad liar. You may even be in love with him.”

“Abhimanyu? No way.” Akshara scrunched her nose.

“He is Abhi, by the way… doesn’t use his full name anymore.” Aarohi rolled her eyes.

“I don’t want to talk about him.”

“Fine, keep loving him secretly.” Aarohi laughed, looking at herself in the mirror. “Are you sure you don’t want to go to the concert?”

“You know I don’t really enjoy crowded events.”

“Abhi, the love of your life, is going to be performing at the concert and will be at the after- party. Are you sure you don’t want to go?”

Akshara smiled. “You enjoy the concert and stop saying I am in love with Abhimanyu. I liked him for his talent, nothing more.”

“Suit yourself. Don’t stay up too late.” Aarohi laughed before stepping out of their campus housing apartment.

Akshara smiled as her friend pulled the door closed behind her. She looked out of her window when she heard the loud noises from the university stadium as they got ready for the concert and the after-party.