CH20 MY BEST FRIEND

A few weeks later… in a new city

“Guys, we are almost there, only three more concerts left. We are totally rocking it,” Abhimanyu cheered the team, and the conference room broke into a loud clamour.

“The upcoming concert is for you, Abhi,” one of the band members said out loud, making Akshara wondered what was so special? She made a mental note to ask him later that evening.

The very thought of spending time with him made her heart smile.

It’s been a month since she and Abhimanyu have been secretly seeing each other. The secrecy seemed to add spice to their relationship, and she could not deny the fun that came with it.

Abhimanyu was still the demanding tour leader as he was in bed. The last few weeks, things went from him pleasuring her to her being the one to make him shudder. She had built up a new level of confidence as a woman, and when he looked at her with his hungry eyes, she felt like the most beautiful woman and didn’t have a care in this world.

People around her noticed the change that she didn’t see. Her mother, Aarohi, and even the makeup artist who helped her dress for the concerts complimented her on how much her skin glowed. There was no denying that she was happy to the core. Abhimanyu was not only a wonderful lover in bed, but he was downright romantic.

From the flowers that are sent to her room, to the coffee that gets delivered to her when she badly needs it, or just the way he looks at her like he reached out and hugged her, made every moment blissful.

A few days ago, he had invaded the kitchen to cook a pasta dish for her, a recipe he had made when he was studying in America. Earlier that day, she was in the smaller conference room when a surprise batch of coffee was delivered not just for her but for all the singers.

She knew it had to be Abhimanyu sending coffee right after lunch because only she had the habit of drinking coffee so early in the afternoon.

He wandered into the room with a question for one of the women who did the background humming and refused to make eye contact with Akshara. She wanted to look at him and show him a gesture of thanks, but he refused to look at her. She knew he was teasing her by avoiding her, and that only got her more excited. The best part of her evenings was just being with him even if they were confined to the two connecting rooms they had in that hotel, and she was more than happy.

Akshara smiled as he continued to speak, still avoiding her eyes. He was only making her hotter for him.

“Guys, we get this weekend off. We have some time before the concert, so relax and enjoy. The weather is not too great, so stay indoors as much as possible. Again, I cannot thank you all enough for agreeing to perform at my cousin’s wedding tomorrow.”

“Anything for you, Abhi,” one of the team members called out, making him smile.

Akshara was excited to attend the wedding with him. She was very happy with the outfit the costume designer chose for her to wear to the party. Another excitement for that weekend was that she was going to meet her best friend, Aarohi, and she would get to finally hold her one-year old baby in her arms. She looked forward to a fun weekend.

Later that evening, she sat on the bed in her robe, reading a book. Abhimanyu stepped out of the bathroom, only a towel wrapped around his waist. He dusted off the excess water in his hair with his fingers as he walked toward her.

“Abhimanyu, what is special about this city?”

He smiled,laying across the foot of the bed.

“What is not special about this city?”