CH05 HER THOUGHTS

A few days later…

“From the top, again,” Abhimanyu growled, and she felt her body want to slam to the floor out of exhaustion. It was the afternoon before the concert, and they have been in rehearsals all day.

“This is unbelievable. Vansh, I can’t do this,” Akshara whined.

“You’ll have to deal with the bull… c’mon, this is the last run.”

Arya laughed.

“That’s what he said five rounds ago.” Akshara rolled her eyes.

“No point arguing. The guy is a perfectionist, and we will be here all night if we don’t get this right.” Vansh laughed. “Plus, it’s more strenuous for him. He needs to sing and show his moves on stage.

“Why can’t you talk him out of this craziness?” Akshara shook her head.

“Do you want to try?” Vansh winked challengingly, and in that moment, she decided she needed to say something.

“Yes.” She walked over to where Abhimanyu stood reviewing the program script with the event manager. Her legs trembled from the never ending rounds of rehearsals, but her stomach coiled as it did many years ago when she approached him the first time.

He had his eyes on the script, but as she moved closer to him, he looked up like he sensed her approach him. He had a quizzical expression as she walked the last few feet toward him.

“Abhimanyu, I know the concert is tomorrow, but this practice after practice is exhausting. The group is tired, and so are you.” She kept her voice steady.

“Very thoughtful of you. If you want to end these rehearsals, do your part.”

“What?” She was taken aback.

He took a step closer. “This is a concert, not a recording in a studio.

Look up, move your eyes, smile a bit more when you sing because you are performing. I am not asking you to dance, just look lively.”

She looked at him in shock and annoyance. He was right, but that made her more irritated.

He looked at her for a long moment as she looked at him in silence before nodding and looking away at the group.

“Let’s go, guys.”

She stood there wondering why he didn’t say that to her sooner. Was he making everyone repeat because of her?

She watched as he walked away from her, his t-shirt showing the damp patch of sweat on his broad back from the way he moved around to the music while on stage. She looked away and saw Vansh and Arya giggle at her futile effort.

Akshara glared back at the two of them in response to their silliness.

She walked back to where Vansh stood ready to go on the stage and passed