CH27 HIS GRIEF...

A few days after the concert…

Abhimanyu was in his office reviewing the new contract when Vansh called him. He had been avoiding his call from the day of the concert just so he didn’t need another reminder of the missing person in his life.

He decided to take his friend’s call but keep it short.

“Hey, Vansh.”

“Abhimanyu, I need to talk to you. Do you have some time?”

He had time, but he didn’t want a prolonged conversation.

“I have a few minutes.”

“Abhimanyu, you are going to be an uncle. Arya and I are expecting a baby.”

“What?” Abhimanyu laughed, the first spark of joy from the time he had last seen Akshara. “That is wonderful. Congratulations, brother.”

“Thank you. Arya wanted to tell you, but I won the coin toss.”

Abhimanyu ran his fingers through his hair, smiling.

“This is wonderful news. Did you tell the family yet?”

“No. I will, soon.”

“Congratulations again…I will call Arya.” Abhimanyu felt the burn the news caused him along with joy. He wanted what he could not have, a life with Akshara.

“Okay. What happened to the Jia Record Label contract?”

Abhimanyu looked up at the ceiling. “The contract negotiations didn’t work out, and it fell through.”

“Interesting…!! Barely a couple of weeks and you were able to decide it is not going to work?” Vansh asked, laughing.

“Yes. They wanted me, and I told them I am available with the band. Plus, I don’t know if I am going to be able to do much with the music. I am going to focus on expanding the hotel business internationally.”

“How can you not sing?” Vansh was taken aback.

“You can’t have it all.” Abhimanyu felt dejected.

“What’s going on? To be more specific, what happened between you and Akshara?”

Abhimanyu went silent for a moment, but his friend waited patiently.

“We wanted different things in life, so we separated.”

“Different things? How is that possible? It’s like you guys were born for each other.”

“It did.” Abhimanyu’s voice was low.

“Akshara’s parents are actively looking for suitable matches for her.”

Abhimanyu felt his chest tighten, and he was finding it hard to breathe. He sat up, unbuttoning his shirt as he gasped for air.