CH06 THE FIRST HUG

The next day, Akshara sat next to Abhimanyu in the back seat of an SUV with two other band members in the last row of the eight seater vehicle.

Her eyes widened when she saw people lined up against the barricades outside the arena to greet the band with huge signs.

A lot of them seemed to be young men and women who were the band’s largest group of followers. The vehicle slowed down at the gate for security checks, and the crowd roared when they spotted Abhimanyu in the back of the SUV.

Cameras flashed as he waved to the crowd that cheered for him, and Akshara sat frozen like she was in a dream. She felt everyone’s eyes on her as the windows were not fully tinted. The loud cheering from the outside and the laughter on the inside as the band enjoyed the attention was making her queasy, and she closed her eyes.

Her eyes flew open when she felt a rough palm graze over the back of her hand. She looked straight into Abhimanyu’s eyes looking at her with what looked like concern in them.

“You okay?”

“Yes, I’m fine.”

She refused to show any weakness to him. It somehow felt like she was letting down her father if he saw her in a vulnerable state. It was an odd thought, but she always felt the need to show him she was not intimidated by him and whatever he did, didn’t really affect her.

The harsh reality was that the more she tried to keep that strong front, he was getting under her skin—the beautiful voice of his and the charming nature however rude he was during practices was hard to miss, not to mention his gorgeous looks.

The vehicles pulled up to the back entrance of the arena, and when they stepped out, they could still hear the fans screaming Abhimanyu’s name and chanting the band’s name.

“This is such an awesome response, Abhi.” Somu clapped with excitement.

“Yes, a good start for the tour,” Abhimanyu said and looked at one of the event coordinator’s staff and added, “Have the plane take off for the second group.”

“When will they arrive?” Akshara asked about Vansh and Arya’s arrival.

“They should be here in less than two hours. Leena’s team will show you to your—”

She saw the guards standing next to them move, and his eyes widened as his words were lost in a low grunt. He reached out to her, pulling her to him, shocking her as her cheek hit his chest as the bodyguards shielded them from something she could not see.

The sudden warmth from his rock-solid body and the way his musky cologne invaded her lungs, her body sprang alive, igniting a whole new slew of sensations within her.

His heart beat loudly in her ear, suppressing the other sounds until he let her go and stepped away to walk toward a group of guards who held a young man captive.

“Let him go, guys.” Abhimanyu walked away from her, and she grabbed the car door handle for support, watching him. “He is harmless. Let him go.”

Akshara watched as Abhimanyu was able to get the young man released, and he autographed his hat and also asked the other band members to sign it. It took her a few moments to realize what happened. The young man had managed to jump over the barricades to get an autograph, and Abhimanyu held her to him protectively as the bodyguards closed in.