CH26 HER PAIN AND ANGER...

A week later… the day of the last concert

Akshara was in her room, her finger itching to turn on the live streaming of the final concert of the tour. The one where Abhimanyu and Vansh were performing every one of the songs. She had a tough time all week just not to think about Abhimanyu.

She hated him for what he did, but the undying voice deep inside told her he could not have said what he said, looked at her the way he did if he didn’t really mean it. Was he really willing to give up that for the record label deal?

She couldn’t take it anymore and hit the play button on the live stream to watch the concert which was already underway. She gasped when she saw Abhimanyu play the guitar. He looked terrible like he hadn’t slept in days, and something deep inside her told her he was hurting too.

“Why, Abhimanyu. Why?” she whispered, fighting back tears as she continued to watch the concert.

Vansh wrapped up one song, and the next one was announced as a solo performance by Abhimanyu. When he started singing, she sobbed as the heart break she felt was evident in his voice. She turned off the live stream and collapsed on her bed, crying.

She didn’t know how long she lay in bed crying before she felt her father’s hand on her head.

“Akshara, what’s the matter, sweetheart.”

Akshara sat up and hugged her father, crying.

“I’m a little upset I wasn’t part of the concert tonight.”

“What happened?” her father asked.

“I don’t want to talk about it now, but someday I will tell you.”

Akshara looked up when her mother walked into her room.

Her mother sat next to her on the bed and took her hand in hers.

“Akshara, you came back a week ago and haven’t left your room. You haven’t talked to your uncles and aunts in all these days. What is happening?”

She looked up blinking away tears. How did she end up where everything she had meant nothing without him? How did he deep-root himself into her heart so much that she could not get herself to hate and forget him.

“I don’t want to talk about it now, Ma. Please understand.”

Her father cleared his throat. “Okay, then why don’t we talk about something else?”

She nodded, thankful for the potential shift in the conversation.

“When you were at Shanti’s house, you told us we could talk about your marriage alliances when you are back from the tour.”

She took a deep breath and looked at her father.

“Daddy, we talked about this. I want to focus the next year on the music school before I think of anything else.”

Her parents exchanged looks, and her mother shifted uncomfortably.

“What does that mean? Will you not get married anytime soon?”