CHAPTER 3 OFF-LIMITS!!

Almost two months later…

“Yes,Ma. Vansh is here already. Please don’t worry about me.”

Akshara pulled her small bag as she walked through the lobby of the newly built hotel, holding her phone as she video chatted with her mother.

Her mother laughed. “You know your father will be on pins and needles until you return.”

“I know, so please take care of him.” She stepped into the elevator.

“Be sure to call him every day. You know he gets worried when you are not home.”

“I will, Ma. I have to go find…” Her words were lost in a gasp when she stepped out of the elevator, running into someone.

She heard a growl close to her ear as her phone dropped to the carpeted floor. “Lady, get off the phone and look around.”

The rude words made her look at the tall man who walked past her into the elevator.

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled, annoyed with the excess irritation in the man’s tone. She looked up and let out a gasp when her eyes met the angry, dark eyes of the man who made blood rush to her heart.

It was him. Abhimanyu, the rule breaker…

Akshara stood frozen staring at the closed elevator doors, and a moment later, her hand automatically went to her chest.

“Akshara,” she heard her mother’s voice and was shaken out of her hazy state.

“What happened?”

She saw that her phone was on the floor facing down. She picked it up and smiled at her mother. “I dropped my phone.”

“You take care while on tour. Your dad and I are going to miss you.

Make sure we do a video chat at least once a day.”

“Sure, Ma. I’ll call you later.” Akshara walked to her room, ignoring the knot forming in her stomach.

She pushed open her hotel room door and shut it behind her. Her big suitcase had already been delivered to her room while she waited for her check-in process. She looked at herself in the full-length mirror and slowly shook her head.

“Ignore the arrogant idiot. He doesn’t deserve any attention.”

There was no denying that she was once a hard core fan who admired him for the person he was—simple and humble with a beautiful voice and undeniable good looks. She had dreamed about him many times, but after the episode in the dark six years ago, she had decided to ignore him.

Arrogant people like him didn’t deserve her admiration, not anymore. The harsh truth is that his fan base continues to grow, the age group of his admirers so wide, he had school kids wanting to be like him and young girls wanting to be with him, dreaming about him. He had managed to mesmerize the older generations with his mash-ups of the old songs, thereby getting kids and their parents and grandparents listening to the same songs.