CH12 HOW DID HE KNOW??

“What are you wearing?” Aarohi asked, looking at Akshara on the video call.

“What?” Akshara looked down at the figure-hugging athletic t-shirt and leggings.

Aarohi laughed. “I have never seen you wear anything like this in all these years, and you look hot showing off your curves. Is the rock star around to admire them?”

Akshara rolled her eyes. “I have to wear form-fitting clothes, so it’s easy to dance. Not for him to admire.”

“So, no interesting developments? Do you dance with him?”

“Aarohi, why are we talking about him?” She faked annoyance at her friend constantly teasing her, although she secretly liked talking about him.

Aarohi laughed. “I am just messing with you.”

“Whatever.”

“So, I am curious what your dad thinks about the mash-ups and the dance.”

Akshara shook her head. “I told my parents about the mash-up, and about the dance, I have yet to tell them.”

“Do you think your dad will be upset?”

“Why are you asking me that question?” Akshara glared at her friend.

“Why are you getting so annoyed. It is very general question.”

“I don’t like that question because it makes my dad seem like a mean person who would oppose what I would like to do.”

She was annoyed that her best friend was also asking the question Abhimanyu had asked a few weeks ago.

“Okay, got it. So, does your dad know that you are singing and will be dancing with Abhimanyu?” Aarohi’s voice was soft.

“Not to that detail.”

“Why not?”

“Because it doesn’t matter.” Akshara felt a bit conflicted about the new things she was doing and not discussing them with her parents first.

“Akshara, what you are doing is amazing. I don’t want you to stop what you want to do.”

“I’m having so much fun, Aarohi,” she confessed.

“Yes, you are glowing like a light bulb.”

She blushed. “Enough with the exaggerated compliments.”

“Look at you blush. Is the rock star around?”

“No. But I need to go practice. I will call you later.” She ended the call, smiling.

Akshara sat on the stage, alone in the large conference room lost in thought. Her friend complimented on the new aspects of her life, and there was no denying she was enjoying it. Would she find what she did before the tour boring as a result of the change?