CH17 NEW MOVE FOR YOU...(18+)

Akshara woke up to her phone ringing at a distance, alone in bed, the following morning. She reached for the phone as she scanned the room for him and saw that his phone and wallet were no longer on the side table.

She pushed away the disappointment she felt and smiled before answering the video call.

“Hi, Daddy.”

“Good morning, sweetheart. Sorry if I woke you.” Her father smiled at her.

“I needed to wake up. We start practice today.” She yawned.

“Are you taking care of yourself, Akshara? You know your mind and body have to be well to be able to sing.”

“Yes, I slept like a log last night.”

“Good. I hope you are going to bed on time.” Her father was disciplined about his sleep time.

“I slept a little late last night because there was a team party.”

“Are you enjoying the parties, Akshara?” Her father laughed.

“You know I don’t. I showed up for the team spirit and left for the hotel.”

“Good. That’s my girl.”

Akshara was feeling guilty about her irrational behaviour when she left the club on foot and how Abhimanyu was there to rescue her. She felt the need to say something about this to her father, but her mouth had a mind of its own.

“Thanks to Abhimanyu for bringing me back to the hotel safely from the club.”

“He did? Why didn’t Vansh bring you back to the hotel?” Her father’s tone was calm.

“Vansh was out to meet someone, and Abhimanyu was also leaving at the same time. He made sure I ate before I slept.” She smiled and was relieved to see her father smile as well.

“He is a kind-hearted boy. Just the arrogance got to him.”

She nodded. “I am surprised why he behaved like that with you, Daddy. He is very respectful toward everyone now.”

“He was young, and all the attention went to his head. Maybe it’s a good thing he chose the modern genre to sing.”

“Daddy, his voice is still magical when he sings classical. He sang with Vansh the other day, and the guys drove the crowd nuts.”

“Yes, I know. You know how he challenged me that he will never have to sing classical to make it big? Despite that, he sang classical for one of his fans who was fighting cancer. The boy is kind hearted.”

“You are so right, Daddy. I love you.”

“Love you, too, sweetheart.”