CH25 SHE LEFT...

Akshara got back to her room and went straight to the shower. She could not wait to see Abhimanyu, and the four days of separation made her love for him grow. It was on day two that she realized she missed him so much that she didn’t want to spend another day away from him.

She showered and put on a long dress, hoping to go to the restaurant in the hotel for dinner. They haven’t been together too long, but she knew they were meant to be, and she was okay if the band members knew about them. Her only concern with the media finding out was that their parents would find out from the tabloids when they should be the ones to tell them in person.

Akshara was halfway through drying her hair when she heard the door close loudly in the room next to her. She smiled and went to the connecting door and opened it, her heart pounding in her chest.

“Abhimanyu,” she called out from her side of the door, smiling.

The door opened slowly, but she pushed it open and threw her arms around him. “I missed you so much.”

She held on to him, but he did not move, and that sent a sliver of doubt through her. She pulled back slowly to look at him, and his eyes were downcast, and he didn’t make eye contact.

“Abhimanyu, is everything okay?”

“Yeah, I’m just tired.”

“I was worried when you didn’t answer my calls,” she said as he walked toward the bathroom, still not looking at her.

Her heart was dropping toward her stomach just by the way he moved away from her and disappeared into the bathroom. She stood looking at the door, and her heart sank further when she heard him lock the door from the inside.

She took a deep breath and sat in one of the chairs, not wanting to read too much into his behaviour. If he said he was tired, she was going to take his words at face value. She took deep breaths every time she thought about barging into the bathroom and demanding an explanation for not calling her for almost two days.

She straightened her back still seated in the chair when he stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and another over his shoulders.

“You are still here?” he asked, surprising her.

“Where else would I be?” She was about to lose her cool.

“I told you I am tired. You should go back to your room because I can’t do anything with you tonight.”

His words scorched her on the inside.

“Is there nothing else we can do other than what you are referring to?”

He shrugged. “It’s mostly that, but I am just too tired to do anything, so it’s best if you go back to your room.”

She took a deep breath fighting the urge to scream at him and ask him what happened. She had a hunch that something was wrong when he suddenly stopped calling and responding to her texts. But in that moment, she knew something was definitely wrong.