CHAPTER 2 UNKNOWN ADMIRATION

Much later that night, Akshara called Aarohi and hung up when she realized it was almost midnight. She put the phone down and looked at the ceiling, unable to decide. If she didn’t enjoy the kind of music the band played and the arrogant lead singer of the group, why was she still considering going?

A strange excitement started at the thought of being on tour, traveling, meeting new people, and seeing new places, but she knew it would make her entire family uncomfortable. Her thoughts were interrupted when her phone started to ring.

She answered. “Aarohi, I am so sorry. I didn’t realize it was late.”

“That’s okay. I just saw you had called. What’s up?” Her friend sounded sleepy.

“It’s not urgent. We can talk tomorrow morning.”

“Who are you kidding? I know you are dying to talk to someone or you won’t be able to fall asleep.” Aarohi laughed.

“I am going nuts, Aarohi.”

“Talk to me, darling. I only charge ten dollars a minute,” Aarohi mocked.

“Vansh wants me to go on a tour with him.”

“And?”

Akshara let out a sigh. “It is The Rule Breakers’ tour.”

“Wait. What?”

“Yes, that band is doing a tour for cancer awareness and to honor Vansh’s mom’s work.”

“Abhimanyu Birla, the rule breaker.” Aarohi laughed.

“Don’t say that name again. He is the reason I don’t want to go,” Akshara growled.

Aarohi chuckled. “If you have decided not to go, why are we talking on the phone at midnight. You are dying to go on that tour.”

“I hate you, Aarohi.” Akshara laughed.

“Yes, I know you do. Now, let’s talk reality. What do you want to do?”

Akshara let out a sigh. “I can’t decide.”

“So, a part of you wants to go?”

“Yes, but I think my family will not like it.” Akshara’s voice fell.

“If your dad and uncles don’t mind, would you go without another thought?”

Akshara thought for a moment. “If I tell my dad, he will never say no if I am sure about going. I don’t know if I want to go.”

“But you want to go.” Aarohi laughed.

“I don’t want to go because of him.”