CH18 THE "RUINED" DATE

Later that evening, Akshara followed the instructions she had received from the makeup artist for a glowing look for her date with Abhimanyu. She ran the powder brush lightly over her cheekbones to highlight them. Her phone beeped indicating a message, making her smile.

It had to be Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu: Meet me in the lobby in fifteen minutes.

Me: Okay.

Akshara’s heart started to drum in her chest in anticipation. She placed her hand on her chest and looked at her reflection in the full-length mirror.

She wondered if he would like what she was wearing that night. The white maxi dress with yellow block print was simple and made her face glow. She fanned her face when she felt a wave of heat sweep over her at the thought of him kissing and touching her the way he did that morning.

She headed toward the elevator, butterflies fluttering in the pit of her stomach, and when she stepped out into the lobby, she saw him. His eyes lit up like they did when he performed on the stage, and that made her blush. When she got closer to him, he smiled and gestured her to walk with him. He walked a couple of feet away from her and did not attempt to touch or kiss her. She knew it was too early for anyone to know what was brewing between them.

Also, considering Abhimanyu’s celebrity status, all the more reason for it to be under the radar. The tabloids would make a juicy story out of it for sure.

He stopped right outside the door and turned to look at her.

“The car should be out in a bit.”

“Okay, I thought we would go out on a motorbike like yesterday.” She smiled.

He smiled. “I will consider that for the next time.”

“Where are we going?”

“Somewhere we can be by ourselves.” Abhimanyu laughed, and Akshara knew he was as annoyed as she was that they didn’t get to spend even a few minutes to talk all day.

“What time will we be back?” she asked.

“Whenever you want to.” He shrugged.

“I will need to find a few minutes to call my family. They get worried if I don’t call them.”

“You talk to them every day.”

She smiled. “Every day.”

“I am curious what you guys talk about because when I sit down for dinner with my father and sister, we just don’t talk.”

“You can listen in tonight if you’d like.” She winked.

“I’m kidding. Your call? The place we are going should be quiet for you to have a good conversation.”