Chapter Three

It was a surprise for Drew that spending lunchtime with Giselle at her secret place was nice and relaxing. Also, Giselle was her first guest to join this place since most of the time she and Amy would occasionally spend their lunchtime at the mall across from their workplace.

Drew was happy that Giselle would share anything freely like an open book, they knew better that they would have more to find out since the one-hour lunch break was limited time for them to do so.

They had traded about their favorite celebrities, and hobbies, and Drew learned that Giselle enjoyed sketching. She even asked Giselle to sketch one of her favorite fictional characters from the ebooks and mangas she had read during her weekend.

Of course, the adorable brunette would never disappoint her senior, happily agreed and told her that she would gladly sketch Drew too as a bonus.

Drew had never felt how much she was appreciated by a newbie who barely knew her a day. They only got to know each other for a few hours, but everything the brunette had done and said was genuine to her.

She appreciated her friendliness junior and she had promised Giselle that she would draw a sketch man version of her in return. Drew was getting adored by the similar trademark happy smile from her junior who happily told her she looked forward to it. 

One hour had passed after the lunch break but Drew still smiled at the cutie's kindness and approachability. However, her mood was slightly uneasy when she heard the mesmerizing footstep she had looked forward to a lot.

Drew had enough of dealing with her awkwardness this morning, she didn't mean to avoid her ex-crush because she knew what she needed was time to overcome it. Amy is still her best friend, and one of the people in this place who care and genuinely treated her as a real friend.

"It's been a long day for today," Amy's gentle voice was always nice to hear, walked in a hurry yet elegantly clung to a few envelope documents with her left forearm and she smiled at her best friend apologetically, "I'm so sorry for the delay. I get caught by Mr. Thorn for a long discussion."

The feeling wasn't as bad as Drew thought, she seemed a little better when Amy was having that cherry smile on her face like she used to, gently took out all the envelope from her forearms and passed them to Drew.

The shorter dark hair girl grinned while indicating the adorable brunette behind her as she clasped her hands together and swiftly turned to the girl behind her and greeted delightedly, "Hi Giselle, that's not a surprise that everyone knows you're the first day on duty since we got an email from HR."

Amy walked closer and stretched her hand at Giselle with a welcoming smile, "Amy, I'm from the finance department. We're gonna be a good team." Amy played a wink at the newbie and glanced at Drew.

The brunette seemed pleased to see another nice person in this place, she gladly stood up and handshakes the nice girl, "It's my pleasure to meet you, Amy."

"The pleasure is all mine," Amy's smile grew wider and her dark brown eyes shifted to Drew again who was looking at them in dumbfound.

"Anyway, I wanna ask you for a lunch date, Drew. I miss our girls' talk," Amy said genuinely with a small smile as she turned to Giselle and beamed, "Wanna join us, Giselle? The more girls the merrier, and it's so much fun to talk to Drew."

At this moment, Drew could feel her face heat and she wish the floor would swallow her down deep inside.

"Of course!" Giselle agreed happily and Amy was getting thrilled and said, "I really like you, Giselle. Let's have a girls' talk on Friday at lunchtime. What do you girls think?"