Chapter Eight

A delighted smile was on the brunette's face, as she looked at her reflection through the full-body mirror and sprayed a little hairspray on her chestnut-color permed curly hair. 

Giselle was wondering how her senior would react when she saw her hairstyle of the day since this would be her first time letting her hair down freely past her shoulder during work.

The brunette did her last check one more time, shrugging a little before taking her yellow clutch and leaving her room. 

Giselle enjoyed dressing up in fancy attire for work, and she was grateful she had a full wardrobe of dresses in her collection. She wouldn't have any problem selecting her clothes since she loved all of them, but recently, she would always look forward to putting on her only beige dress. 

Strange. She just liked to put this on because her senior seemed like her in that beige dress she wore. She found out the way Drew looked at her would be slightly different and seemed intrigued by her dress even though she never said anything, but just stared.  

What was this all about? Giselle had no idea why she wanna do this just to impress her senior. Perhaps, she just liked to see her senior happy since she was a great senior of hers? That might make sense or might not. Giselle couldn't help but smile, lightly shook her head, and eventually made a full stop for her little wondering. 

Normally, Giselle would be the earliest staff in the office since she arrived at 7.30 a.m. Most of them would be arriving 5 minutes before being tardy and Drew would be slightly earlier than the rest. 

The brunette had made her reviving brew, taken her seat and opened her PC, and carefully blew out the steam of the hot black coffee before taking a sip. She sighed happily with the bitter taste, gingerly put down her plain white mug on her desk and was ready to catch up on her piled-up pending work since nobody but Nancy added in tons of tasks for her to do. 

Giselle never let Drew know about this since she understood that her senior needed to catch up on her overdue jobs. She would be happy to take the weight off her senior's burden since the jobs assigned by Nancy wouldn't be a problem for her because it was just simple yet photocopying and scanning the documents might take hours to do so.

After a few of the songs from Giselle's mobile playlist had played, a beep from the door was followed by the mesmerizing clicking of the thin heels on the tiles. Giselle's face lit up and checked the time on her phone it was 7.53 a.m. Her senior was slightly later than normal today.

Giselle was ready to greet Drew since it became a habit after she got started on her second day of work. She patiently waited while in the corner of her eyes could see Drew let her smooth and silky long dark hair down freely past her shoulders, a pair of rose gold rim glasses on her fair face.

In an Asian country, a girl of 168cm height like Drew was tall. Besides, a pair of two inch black high heels made her even taller and never failed to share the nice curve of her calves on her long legs. 

Drew's figure would be a size bigger than Giselle's since her height was taller by about 10cm. The baby blue long sleeves button-up shirt was refreshing and she matched it with a dark gray skirt that perfectly clung to her wide hips.  

Drew didn't have many types of her clothing aside from button-up shirts in different colors, and matching suit pants or skirts every day, but she would be more of a pants person by Giselle's little observation. She would never complain because Drew was looking smart with her button-up shirt, with matching pants or skirt on her thick boned figure.  

Giselle smiled to herself anticipatedly when she found out Drew's smaller eyes slightly widen, the way she walked was in slow motion while looking at her hair and seemed like looking at a piece of art at the gallery show. The brunette knew it was time and quickly looked at her senior and just gave a small wave at her since she had been smiling.