Chapter Twenty Eight

Two weeks later

"Are you blind!" Jordan spat at the waitress with a pixie haircut, then he used a mug of beer to splash right in her face and said, "I'm watching the match- Fuck!" Jordan yelled as he threw up his hands and waved her away, "Get lost, troublemaker!"

The waitress bit her inner cheek and took the tray and left the table as she went to another table to take the empty bottles away before returning to the bar. "Dyke!" Jordan scoffed as he took one of the bottles from a bucket of four to drink.

He couldn't afford to book a room to have cocaine and liquor with a group of friends and women since he lost his side income from Tom, who always gladly gave him some nice support to get the drugs and girls. But, since his sister had left the house, Tom was disappointed, and he had cut off contact with him.

Jordan chugged down the beer and put one last small bag of pills on the table. He scowled at the small amount of the drugs before throwing it all into his mouth as he shrugged and took a second bottle of beer and drank.

After half an hour had been spent, he ran out of beer and had nothing but the empty bottles. He checked his money balance from his jeans pocket, but only had a few coins left that couldn't even afford some candy. He was getting thirsty, and he craved the pills. He was desperate for them, and had to go look for his other friends even though they weren't as wealthy as Tom. But maybe he could get a few shots of cheap liquor and cigarettes.

He searched for the contact from his phone and he finally picked up a number and made a call. "Absolutely, brother. I'll get more babes for you! Yea, I'll see you there in 5 minutes sharp."

"Woohoo!" Jordan pumped his fist and stood up from his seat as he wobbled a little. He laughed while flipping off the people when he walked past them. He was getting excited and couldn't wait to meet his friend who was right next door to the bar. 

Jordan was walking down a flight of steep stairs when he slipped and quickly gripped the handrail. "That was close, fucker!" he barked with laughter and smugly jumped to skip a few steps of the staircase. However, he twisted his right ankle when he reached the quarter landing. He couldn't even have a chance to scream as he lost his balance and fell down the remaining flights of the staircase with a few cracking noises made from his ribcage, lower spine, and lastly, his neck. When his tumble was done, he ended up on the cement with his full body laying flat on the floor.

His vision was blurry, and he was in agony but barely made a voice to call for help. After a while, the last figure he could see was the same waitress with the pixie cut hair who cursed out loud in a terrified voice and called out for help. He was regretful that he might need to take back his rude words for the lady as he breathed out a chuckle before he blacked out.

******

The red light above the door of the operation theatre went off, and the parents stood up abruptly from the seats in the waiting area of the hospital and quickly walked toward the direction the doctor and nurse went out of the room.

"Are both of you the immediate family of patient Tang Jun Jie?" the doctor inquired while the parents quickly nodded their heads and the man said, "Yes, we are his parents. How is my son?"

"The surgery went well, but I might need both of you to be ready for this," The doctor said and waited for the parents to respond, the lady whimpered while the husband let his eyes close briefly as he slowly nodded his head.

"Your son's head had a critical injury and we just got the brain to stop bleeding. But, the recovery might take months or years and he will stay like-"

"Does that mean he will go into a coma?" the man interrupted, and he sounded worried.

"Yes, but there is one more thing we need you to know about his body condition. His spinal cord and his neck had broken, and this will impact his movement," the doctor finished as he showed his sympathy to the parents who were sobbing, before heading for another surgery with the other surgeon and nurses.