Chapter Twenty One

'Pay attention to your work, Maylee.'

Drew smiled amusedly at the bubbly brunette across from her in return, while putting down her phone on her desk after sending a text. Drew would never complain that Giselle didn't work much today, since their excitement overrode them both.

Wednesday, the middle of the week, the girls had been counting down for a sweet sleepover again after Giselle had confirmed with her dad that Drew could join the party.

The tension of meeting the parents eventually loosened up after Drew had seen how much Giselle was thrilled about her parents looking forward to seeing Drew. They even offered to let her stay at their house after the party ended.

With such promising news shared by the brunette and her helpful choice of a nice present for the birthday man, Drew felt safer and much better about the party.

'I did. I was 'googling' to help solve my work.'

The brunette shot a playful toothy grin at her senior before getting back to work. Giselle had given a nickname to her senior that she was her Miss Google during her work time because she could easily get an answer from her senior whenever she needed it.

Meanwhile, Giselle smiled in anticipation, with her fingers twirling the handset cord of her intercom and waited for a call from her senior across from her. But Drew's intercom ringing interrupted them, and she quickly picked up the phone.

"Hey Drew, it's Sam. I'm gonna do some 'housekeeping' updates for your PC." Sam was her teammate and Drew quickly checked the calendar and just realized another month had passed.

"Okay, hold on. Let me save my work and I'll leave it for you," Drew quickly said while saving her worksheet on her PC.

"Alright!"

They ended the call and Drew checked her work one more round before making a call for her teammate to proceed with his computer update of the month.

'So, who doesn't pay attention, huh?'

Drew read the text from the adorable brunette who was smirking at her. The taller girl just realized that was a reason Giselle was having her free time, since Sam had obviously done her computer first, and she eventually laughed and shook her head at Giselle and replied to her.

'You just love sneaky break times!'

Drew's intercom rang again, and she picked up, it was a call from Monica to ask her to see her for a work discussion. Drew exhaled softly knowing she wouldn't see her brunette until they met at her house in the evening.

When Drew was ready to go, she couldn't help but grin at Giselle who was pouting her lips and giving a sad goodbye wave to her senior. Drew gave a quick wave and headed out of the office, but she never forgot to steal a glance at the brunette who was busy again and left.

An hour had passed, and Drew had expected Monica would keep her stay longer for work discussion, especially during 'housekeeping' time. Sadly for Drew, she wasn't able to see Giselle after she returned to the office. The brunette had to head home on time because she had to be there early to be her parent's helping hand at the party.

Drew was getting eager to see her girl sooner and she hated that she was getting nervous again without Giselle by her side. Drew tried to brush off her tension and shut down her PC and headed back to her home to get ready without any delay.

A paper bag of the present joined a duffle bag of clothing that Drew had packed for tonight on the couch, she checked one last time and was ready to drive to Giselle's place.