Chapter Twenty

The girls settled down on the rattan chairs on the porch of Drew's house drinking the beers after they had changed their clothes to more relaxed home wear when they reached home.

Drew had brought the beers for them to drink after Giselle happily suggested they need a drink to relax after they got home. The girls toast their second cans of beer and then sipped a bit of it.

The girls sighed in satisfaction after that and put down the cans of beer on the table in front of them. They had relaxed and shared in some small talk while enjoying the beers, and Drew was grateful that Giselle was the one to keep the conversation flowing ever since the time they were on the way to her house from the party they'd left.

Drew wasn't happy with herself for just sitting and being quiet, and felt bad for Giselle. However, she couldn't stop herself from overthinking any potential outcome that may apply to them. Deep down, Drew knew she shouldn't have to worry about it. She should be optimistic and strong enough to let them overcome any problem they might have in the future.

A soft scraping sound from the rattan chair that Giselle was sitting on caught Drew's attention. Giselle had practically crouched on the rattan chair with both of her hands holding the armrest while a leg stuck out and tried to reach out next to Drew's lap.

Drew caught the hint as she quickly stretched a hand for the brunette to hold for support and Giselle gladly grabbed her senior's hand to help her to shift over to her new seat. With Drew's help, Giselle smoothly yet carefully sat on her senior lap, folding her legs at the side of the lap and letting her hand hang around Drew's neck to support her. 

"Do you think this will support our weight?" Giselle asked with a sheepish smile.

"I never tried before. If this rattan chair could support Lilah's weight, then it shouldn't be a problem to support both of us," Drew joked while carefully holding Giselle's hips to stabilize her position.

Giselle burst out a hearty laugh and playfully scolded, "That's not nice to talk about Delilah like that, Min! I don't think her weight is about both of our weights."

"I can tell she wouldn't mind if I made this bad joke about her if it made you laugh," Drew chuckled and used a hand to play lock of Giselle's curly hair around her shoulders before looking up at her again.

Giselle panted softly after her hearty laughter as she slipped her hands from her senior's neck, and she reached both of Drew's hands on her hips and entwined with them and she looked at Drew and said with slightly pouted lips. "I'm sorry if I made you upset just now."

Drew tilted her head in confusion and quickly reassured Giselle, "No, you never upset me, Maylee," Drew swiftly squeezed Giselle's soft tiny hands and asked in a worried voice, "What makes you think like that?"

Giselle tilted her head a little and hummed, "We were happy all morning, but you were quiet at the party." she took their entwined hands to put Drew's hands on her lower back and she reached her hands to cup her senior face and asked softly, "Is everything okay?"

Drew shook her head and sunk her head on Giselle's chest while letting her tiny bosom pillow press against her face. It was soft as a feather, and she sighed softly. Drew gradually let her arms hook around Giselle's petite back and put her hands on the brunette's shoulders. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you worried," Drew said in her weary voice with a long sigh after she had let go of the stress that haunted her.

Giselle wrapped her arms around her senior back and she gently used a hand to caress the back of her senior's head and asked softly, "Do you want to talk about it? I'm all ears for you."

Drew nodded her head as she snuggled closer and said, "I'll try. It's just my personal thoughts, but I hope you won't take it so hard."

"Okay, I'll be happy if you share anything that bothers you," Giselle assured her senior and gently circled her back.