Chapter Twelve

Drew was pulling a large pink suitcase along with her, still laughing at the choice of color that Delilah picked when they had shopped for new luggage for the nanny to go back home, since her old one had broken.

Delilah was next to Drew holding her hand even though Drew had declined since she was bashful, she was acting like a kid being taken care of by a nanny. But she couldn't say no again when her nanny practically pleaded with her for that.

"Do you still remember when you stopped walking and kept staring at the popcorn on the counter on the Disney trip with your mom and dad?" Delilah giggled while indicating a popcorn stall in front of the souvenir store.

"That was embarrassing, Lilah," Drew shut her eyes and felt shy about that.

"We tried to ask if you wanted the popcorn, but you kept shaking your head at us whenever we tried to point at almost all of the popcorn there. But, in the end, when your dad was going to pay for all the flavor of the popcorn, you seemed stressed out. You cried and told us you just want a key chain in the souvenir store behind it," Delilah chuckled while her eyes still linger on the popcorn store.

"Dad still paid for it, he told me we could keep them for our trip later since we would spend a week there, and we might need more. And then, you and mom took me to the souvenir store to get the turtle keychain that I wanted," Drew smiled at the nostalgic memory of their family trip as she gently squeezed her nanny's hand and looked at her.

"That wasn't that bad, there were only 8 flavors of popcorn, and we all ate it pretty fast to finish them before we arrived in Japan," Delilah giggled while using a free hand to wipe off the tears of laughter.

Neither of them liked to do this whenever Delilah took her flight and returned to her city even though she would come back again within a few months. But this time Delilah might take years to come back again since she was officially retired and had to take care of her family.

Deep down, Drew knew her nanny should go since she had extended three weeks staying here for her, but her daughter's due date was getting near, and Delilah had to stand by for her.

The pair eventually reached the departure gate, and Drew had so much emotion weighing in her heart. However, she made it cool and quickly pulled her nanny into a hug and said, "I need a lot more beer and seafood when I go to see you."

The soft-hearted woman couldn't hold her tears again after she and the woman she thought of as her own child shared a long cry yesterday. She gently used a hand to hit her kiddo's back and sniffled, "Min Min, I don't like it!"

Drew chuckled as she quickly used a hand to wipe her tears, "I don't like it either, Lilah. But I'm happy for you." They pulled away and Drew rested both of her hands on her nanny's shoulders and assured her, "I will go and see you, I promise."

"You better, and I hope you will do that with Giselle," Delilah sniffed softly as Drew rolled her eyes with an uncontained smile, "I'll try. Maybe I'll take Amy too."

Delilah chuckled and gently patted Drew's upper arm knowing she was trying to brighten up their mood and she chimed in, "A double date would be perfect for the trip there."

"Let's just hope that to be true," Drew just had to admit instead of letting her nanny worry about her. She gently pushed the suitcase closer to her nanny and took her hand to put on the handle as she smiled, "Have a safe flight, Lilah."

"Thank you, Min. Now go," Delilah started crying again and dismissed Drew.

Drew sniffed softly and gave a wave at her nanny again before walking away and said, "Send regards to Uncle Jackson and Deborah for me!"