Chapter Seven

An eventful weekend had passed for the family. Delilah would never disappoint the mom and daughter, the nanny had filled the ladies' happy stomachs with baked pandan flavor chiffon cakes, coconut pudding, and their favorite Delilah's cooking for their main meals.

Drew was looking forward to trading food with Giselle during their lunch time since Delilah had prepared extra dishes and dessert for Drew to pack up. She hoped her new friend would like it as much as she did.

It always revived her spirit when she saw the view at the far end of the cubicle. The brunette was sitting on her seat playing on her phone before she got her day kicked off.

Every little gesture the brunette made in the morning was mesmerizing in Drew's eyes. The brunette kept one of her earphones in her right ear, humming in her soft voice while taking a sip from her plain white mug of hot coffee.

Drew didn't need to know how good the aroma of the nice coffee and the soothing fragrance from the brunette was, since she had already become familiar with them. The taller girl tried to walk as quietly as she could without making any noise to interrupt the cutie's good time and tried not to look in her direction for attention. However, she could sense a pair of light brown eyes gazing in her direction.

When Drew looked at Giselle, as always, the eyes and the smile from the adorable brunette were what she needed, and never she got enough of them. Giselle was a soothing bright piece of the sun that peeked through the cloud in the warm morning.

The greeting from the brunette was always sweet and earnest, she gave a small wave to her senior before looking at her phone on the table again. A contented smile still lingered on Drew's face while she stored up her laptop and handbag in the cabinet under the table, switched on her CPU, and opened the drawer of her table.

Surprisingly, there was something eye-catching inside the drawer. A KitKat. It was something new for Drew knowing that there could be only one person who would do that.

She shifted her attention to the cutie across from her who was smiling at her, followed by a jolt from the mobile in Drew's suit pants pocket. She was expecting the message from the brunette, and quickly took out her phone, beaming while reading the text on her phone.

"I hope you have a good day ahead. Chocolate should help to cheer up a boring Monday."

Drew leaned her back against her chair and typed a nice reply and looked at the brunette.

"Thanks! That's kind of you. It would help lighten my mood for our long and fussy meeting with the cranky boss lady."

The brunette looked at her senior as she wrinkled her nose in disapproval after reading the message and earned laughter from the dark-haired girl.

Giselle looked around their surroundings and the place was still quiet without anyone here aside from them as she took her intercom and called her senior.

Drew tilted her head a little and picked up her phone and jested, "Good day, Miss Tang. It seems to be a bit early to ask any question related to the job, right?"

Giselle's tantalizing giggle was filling Drew's ears. However, she was still laughing, and her face was flushed as she eventually slowed down and said, "I think talking would be faster than text, but if we talk in your cubicle it might intrude on your personal space."

"I won't mind if you prefer to talk face-to-face with me," Drew said truthfully.

"You're nice, Drew. But, I have a question," Giselle said sheepishly.

"Shoot," Drew chuckled.

"But, this might be related to our jobs," Giselle said as she smiled apologetically.