Chapter Eleven

"Are you sure about that? Three pieces of Pai Tee is for your lunch?" Giselle inquired as she looked at Drew and seemed surprised by the choice of food.

Drew just nodded her head as she closed the book menu and confirmed, "Yup, that's all I want for my lunch and a Thai milk tea will do."

"Okay." Giselle grinned at her senior while politely giving a small wave at the server to make their orders accordingly and she quickly added, "Oh, let's get an all in one Tom Yam noodle."

Drew was surprised the cutie did this for her and the brunette gazed at her with a grin, "Those are appetizers and drinks, and you shouldn't miss your favorite Tom Yam noodle."

"Well, I'm supposed to diet for today," Drew chuckled, deep down she knew the food was decent but pricey, and she never wanted her nice friend to spend too much for the lunch treat.

"Nah, no diet. Besides, you lost weight," Giselle smiled softly and pointed out, "Food would make us happy. And please, this is my treat, and I want my friend to enjoy the lunch." Giselle never forgot to purse her lips a little at her senior.

"You don't have to. I'm happy with so much food and snacks that you traded with me," Drew chuckled softly at the cutie.

"You did too," Giselle chimed in and she looked into her senior's eyes and said, "I'm doing this because I just want to thank you for saving me from the trouble, and problematic people whenever I work. To be honest, I was stressed when the first day I started on duty, but you gave me the confidence to overcome it. I'm glad I made it this far, and it's because of you." Giselle grinned as she gently used a hand to pat the back of her senior's hand, "Also, let's celebrate that my probation finally passed the other day."

Drew smiled at the cutie's delicate hand covering hers before looking at the brunette and said, "I appreciate your nice treat, but I didn't do much for you. It's all from you."

"No, you played a big part in this, Drew!" The pair of mesmerizing light brown eyes were twinkling while the smile was warm and bright, and her delicate hand chastely squeezed her senior's hand sending a gentle tingle through Drew's skin.

The feeling was good and comforting, but Drew kept reminding herself that everything the adorable brunette sitting across from her was doing was because she was a wonderful friend. She had been doing this for her since the funeral because she was kind. Besides, this was normal whenever she did that since she would occasionally do this when she got excited or appreciated her.

"Aww, here we go! Our favorite appetizer is served!" Giselle squealed like a little girl while her hand already slipped away from her senior and looked in the direction of the server sending the food for them. The taller woman couldn't help but admire the adorable brunette who was getting excited about the food.

Lately Drew had to stay up late, rushing her work which had left behind since she had only taken three days of annual leave for her late mother's funeral. Besides, partly it was her excuse for staying up late because she would rather occupy her head instead of thinking about her mom and dad who were never with her anymore.

Drew was living with her nanny in her house without her parents for close to two weeks. But she knew she couldn't keep Delilah for too long since her daughter was pregnant and the nanny would have her life to go on with her family for her retirement.

It might need to take baby steps for Drew to go through it, but she had to pull herself together and quit depending on Delilah and Giselle's company since they had spoiled her too much by taking care of her. In fact, she hated to keep them from moving on to the next page of their lives because that was a selfish way to keep her comfortable if she never got better.