Chapter 3

I'm tired.

————————————————————————

I went downstairs, walking quietly through the dark house. It was two in the morning, and I couldn't sleep.
I walked into the kitchen, and grabbed some ice cream from the freezer and a spoon. I'm a little short, so I struggled to jump up on the counter. I tried about seven times, and still failed. I shrieked when strong arms wrapped around my waist, lifting me and turning me around so I could sit on the counter and face them.

"What the hell, Wesley," I whispered. "Don't scare me like that."

"I helped you, could I at least get a 'thank you'?"

"No!"

"What are you doing awake anyway?" He asked.

"None of your business."

"And you say I'm difficult," he rolled his eyes. Just now had I taken in his appearance. He was shirtless, his hair wet and messy as it hung above his eyes, and a towel wrapped around his waist. I could see the full extent of his tattoos. His right forearm had a skull with a kings crown on it, his left was a wolf howling under a full moon. On his side, he had a dagger. There was one that particularly spiked my interest. Symbols on his shoulder.

"Christian has those too. What do they mean?"

He pointed to each one. "They're Japanese. This one means truth. Then honor, followed by strength, respect, fearlessness, and wisdom."

I could see a tattoo from his back poking out from his shoulders. "Can I see the other one?" I asked quietly. He turned around. I was in awe. It was an eagle, and it's wings were spread out. I found myself tracing it, and his body tensed. He turned back around, my hand that was on his back now touching his chest.
"Terra."
"Hm?"
"You're beautiful."
My eyes went from his chest to his eyes, and I could melt under them. Such a bright blue, mesmerizing.
He cleared his throat, and stepped back. "I should go. Goodnight."

Before I could say anything, he was gone. I went back upstairs and to my bedroom with my ice cream.
When the sun came up, there was a knock on my door. I opened it, and a smile made its way to my face. My brother was back. He was the only person in this house I had no problem being around.

"Morning little sis."
He walked in and sat on my bed.

"Just waltz right on in," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"I heard about the wedding, how they moved it up for mom and dad," he frowned. "Are you okay?"

I shrugged, "Yeah." My brother didn't respond for a few seconds, and I thought maybe he'd seen my cheek.

"You sure?" I released a breath, and figured my hair covered it.

"Yup, I'll be down in a bit."
My brother left, and I decided I'd go shower. I winced as the water ran down my back, but ignored it. I finished up then put on black jeans and a hoodie. I blended concealer on my face and then went downstairs.

My parents and siblings sat at the table with Christian, Wesley, their parents, and the blonde eating breakfast. My mothers face lit up when I walked into the kitchen and I had a feeling I wasn't going to like their next words.
Of course I was right. "You and Christian are going to go see your home today."

"Why?" I asked.

My father gave me a warning look, "Because that is where the two of you are going to live your lives together."
Wesley didn't have a happy expression, and I puzzled why.

"You'll leave here in a few minutes," my mother said.
I exited the room and went outside as I waited for my soon-to-be husband. The door opened and I expected it to be Christian, but it was his brother instead.